Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Newborn car seat to work in my formula .

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL @ the Wagon Queen Family Truckster!

Yeah we had the same setup as Sommer mentioned til she was around a year old and we changed seats when we changed her over to forward facing. Your kiddo will likely outgrow the 'convertible' seat by the time they're around a year guys then you've gotta go spend money on a forward facing one. Child safety is such a big dollar venture! lol
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sommer- No pics??
Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Sommer- No pics??
This is what he is talking about.

You can buy extras of them for each car, too. This part stays in the rear seat always and the actual carrier the baby sits in just drops in and latches down with a click. Then you push some buttons and pull it out when you get where you're going. Those holes in the front are levels that the little dark grey foot can click into. Basically three different height settings. Put it to the lowest holes (dark grey foot protruding the most) and it goes toward the rear of the seat to keep things level in the heavily raked back seats.

You're still gonna have trouble with a passenger riding in front, but your kid will be snug and level.

:edit:

You can see how the car seat actually sits in the base here. You pull a lever on the back of the carrier (will be towards the front of the car with rear facing seat) and the carrier releases from the base. It's sooooo much easier than fiddling with the seat belts everytime you get in and out. I used these the whole time my kids were infants.

Last edited by justin455; 03-25-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ this, being able to just snap and unsnap the infant seat in and out is a life saver especially with our cars, much much easier than dealing with unbuckling the entire seat every time, but once you move up to the toward facing carseat your passenger will have more room, and most likely little feet giving an unpleasant back massage as welll lol, when my son was first born we used a graco seat and base system, fits perfect and held up great, he's almost 2 now and if I remember correctly the foward facing seat he's in is graco as well, once again works great in the camaro, my wife is 5'5" and she wasn't too terribly cramped with the infant seat but she sits much more comfortably once he got into a foward facing seat,but one perk as mentioned above to being a little cramped the passenger seat will kinda wedge the infant seat between the front and rear seat, helps keep it level and very snug, god forbid an accident were to occur that infant seat would more than likely not even budge, my camaro is our only car and when he was first born I had a trans am, not gonna lie it will be a pain from time to time but its doable and with a seat and base system like shown above you can make it a lot easier on yourself
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Teching In

I took out the rear cushion for one of the seats and got a piece of MDF wood cut it to the shape of the hole covered it with carpet that you can buy at auto zone and got a 90* metal bracket from lowes drilled a hole where I needed it for the bolt and put it in the car. That way you don't have a car seat sitting at an angle and you have a flat surface on top of which it also helps to lower the handle when the car seat is in the car. To give the front passenger some more space. I just took out the front passenger seat in the car all together.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
Haha nevah , just got an 05 impala ss Saturday for the wife . So that will do . ******** at work keep saying time for a minivan sell the formula , yeah right . The sweet thing is we both hate minivans with a passion.
That's the spirit. Screw selling the Formula.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
Haha nevah , just got an 05 impala ss Saturday for the wife . So that will do . ******** at work keep saying time for a minivan sell the formula , yeah right . The sweet thing is we both hate minivans with a passion.
I have to say that I hated the thought of a minivan even my wife did. With one hell even two kids a minivan isn't needed so they can kiss my *** with those comments. Now that I have three kids with a fourth on the way I have to say that a minivan is the ****. It gets even better when the minivan has rear entertainment system so the kids shut up and just watch their movies. If you are planning on having more than two kids I would get used to the idea of driving a minivan. It is more apparent when all your kids are two years apart like mine are. 5,3,1, and the last one is due July 1.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

ive talked the wife into me getting a CTS-v or GXP since it has 4 doors, but it needs about 650 hp to go as fast as my car now. glad ive got a truck..
Old 03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 058mydust
I have to say that I hated the thought of a minivan even my wife did. With one hell even two kids a minivan isn't needed so they can kiss my *** with those comments. Now that I have three kids with a fourth on the way I have to say that a minivan is the ****. It gets even better when the minivan has rear entertainment system so the kids shut up and just watch their movies. If you are planning on having more than two kids I would get used to the idea of driving a minivan. It is more apparent when all your kids are two years apart like mine are. 5,3,1, and the last one is due July 1.
We LOVE our Toyota Sienna minivan, leather, captains chairs, dual power slide doors, power tailgate, flip down dvd...lol
I got rid of my 2005 F150 supercrew for my 99 Z28. Took some convincing to the wife that the kids could ride in it. We put a rear facing seat in the back just to see how it would feel and I personally did not feel safe with her in it. Maybe its being over protected or so but I wont ever put my youngest in the back seat of the car. My oldest is 3 1/2 now and fits fine in a booster comfortably. I would say for an infant, f-body not a good idea but you can make due. If you have a toddler in a booster, no problem at all.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HoustonZ
We LOVE our Toyota Sienna minivan, leather, captains chairs, dual power slide doors, power tailgate, flip down dvd...lol
I got rid of my 2005 F150 supercrew for my 99 Z28. Took some convincing to the wife that the kids could ride in it. We put a rear facing seat in the back just to see how it would feel and I personally did not feel safe with her in it. Maybe its being over protected or so but I wont ever put my youngest in the back seat of the car. My oldest is 3 1/2 now and fits fine in a booster comfortably. I would say for an infant, f-body not a good idea but you can make due. If you have a toddler in a booster, no problem at all.
I hear ya, my 2010 Honda Odyssey touring edition has all that and I think it is the most fully loaded car I have ever had hands down. I hated the thought of having one but after fighting with car seats in an SUV having to climb in to buckle the kids in and then having no room for groceries because you have a huge stroller in the back I was feed up. Not to mention the big bulky car seats didn't let me sit the way I wanted to in the car and I am by no means tall so I could only imagine what it is like for someone that is close to 6". I only put my oldest kids in the Trans Am.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I ran Graco seats in my Camaro for all three of my kids. As mentioned by Sommer86 and others, a rolled towel will level the base. I chose my car-seat based on the fact it was narrow enough to fit in the Camaro "rear bucket". I have a 2002, so had the latch + seatbelt. You can get a baby seat bolted in so tight that the car will rock before the baby seat will move. We used the Camaro as a daily driver until the 3rd boy came along.

As for minivans. Thank God my wife hates those with a passion. There is no need to neuter oneself just because you have children. I have a Jeep Rubicon 4-door for the "family wagon". Tons of room for 3x boys ranging from 5-13. The wife has a Chevy 1-ton crew cab with a 454 for trips that require family + cargo. Six people can sleep in the cab of that beast.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Sommer- No pics??
****, never saw you post earlier. I'll get some tomorrow. She's 1 next week and STILL loves her car seat. It faces rear and she likes looking out my big *** rear window.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Schantin
There is no need to neuter oneself just because you have children.
I dont see having a mini van as being neutered. I simply chose functionality, safety, and ergonomics over personal likes and ego.

defending the minivan owners is all
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Here are a couple quick ones of the base. I'll get some with the seat tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Newborn car seat to work in my formula .