Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ebay ss hoods good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ebay ss hoods good?

Just bought a ebay ss hood a few days ago and was wondering if anybody has experience with them? bought it from "hood4sale" for $355 shipped. Anybody running these? What do you think of them?

Last edited by sweet99ss; 01-30-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you put the hood on the car? Alot of people say stay away from this guy. You hav it now so try it out. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 AM
10 Second Club

No just bought the hood a few days ago... Hope it's decent I'm not looking for perfection
Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Did u receive your hood already?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Launching!

It will all depend on what brand it is. I doubt that its some dude in his backyard molding up SS hoods, so its from one of the makers of said hood.

I have had an RK Sport hood, which fit well, but the scoop is a different shape from stock..which irked me.

I now have a Trufiber hood and it looks completely stock, but the fit and construction arent that great. I have messed with it and messed with it.. and finally got it the best its going to get.

Cliffnotes.. most aftermarket hoods are going to be a "give and take" type of a deal. If we wanted easy and perfect we should have ponied up for a stock SLP hood.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Usually it is a better idea to ask the question before purchasing, because now it is too late

And if you do a search for hoods4sale you won't find much too positive about them.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

you could try READING the BUYER FEEDBACK on mr. Hoods4Sale and a little reading on here, don't know about his SS hoods but his Superhawk replicas are notorious for HORRIBLE fitment.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 AM

I bought one a few years back and every body shop i took it to never could get paint to stick to it correctly. They all said the same thing. poor adhesives in the fiberglass keep working their way out even after a bake cycle.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

$355? All I have to say is you get what you pay for. It's probably not going to fit very nicely IMO. Good luck though, I hope it works out. If you want it to fit right you have to drop some more dough
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Me and my Z
I bought one a few years back and every body shop i took it to never could get paint to stick to it correctly. They all said the same thing. poor adhesives in the fiberglass keep working their way out even after a bake cycle.
Hmmm that doesn't sound good...
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

all aftermarket hoods and spoilers are crap imo. buy orig from someone. its worth the extra money. im stuck with a shitty ss spoiler for life.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by blackpala96
It will all depend on what brand it is. I doubt that its some dude in his backyard molding up SS hoods, so its from one of the makers of said hood.

I have had an RK Sport hood, which fit well, but the scoop is a different shape from stock..which irked me.

I now have a Trufiber hood and it looks completely stock, but the fit and construction arent that great. I have messed with it and messed with it.. and finally got it the best its going to get.

Cliffnotes.. most aftermarket hoods are going to be a "give and take" type of a deal. If we wanted easy and perfect we should have ponied up for a stock SLP hood.
My Trufiber fits perfect, only took about 20 mins to install and align
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpala96
this.

if you go with the hoods4sale hood, do so with the intention of taking it to a body shop to get body work done to have it fit properly, and having them do the body work needed to get it looking right before paint and all. Don't expect to get it and be able to pull it out of the box and throw it on as easy as some of the other more reputable companies.

Both of my cars (check links in my sig) have/had hoods from them. both had pinholes in the fiberglass that needed to be filled/fixed (or whatever they do), and the camaro's needed to be trimmed at the corners in the back, nearest the windshield. I was already getting a bunch of work done to the camaro and a full repaint after an accident, and just happened to see that hood while browsing ebay one day while the car was away at the shop. figured for the price it was a pretty good deal since I was already getting body work done. months later when I got the T/A I decided to go with them again since I was again working on a budget.

I was happy with both, but once I got on the forum and got more familiar with companies like VFN, I'd probably spend the extra bucks to get something from one of the more quality conscious companies in the future. But for a cheap hood that fit fine after a little bodywork, I wouldn't completely write-off hoods4sale.

There will ALWAYS be different levels for how we go about things, whether it's replica corvette wheels vs. CCW's, home-made projectors setup vs BLS, bilstein vs Koni, brakemotive vs Wilwood, spray paint vs powdercoat, hoods4sale vs VFN, F-body vs Corvette, etc, etc, just have to work with what you got, and what is right FOR YOU and YOUR SITUATION
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the extra cost of body work etc your better off buying a oem ss hood,just my 2cents,whenever ya try to save money it just cost more in the long run,and ya can still be left with a shitty fittinghood
Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

I ended up canceling the order. Think I'll just stick with the stock hood and add power in some way lol

Quick Reply: Ebay ss hoods good?