Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Interior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Interior Mods

Been slowly doing some interior mods and was wanting some opinions. Nothing to spectacular yet, but more to come.

The shifter **** is a orange pearl from sickspeed and the boot was custom made by 6le

This is what the air vent looks like in carbon fiber hydrographics. I wanted to do a color carbon fiber look but didn't have the money for a good enough base paint (cheap spray paint will not work).

This is the drivers side air vent with a orange base coat and then carbon fiber hydrographics on top. I still have to clear coat it but it has been to cold.

The reason for the orange is at some point in the future the interior will be all black with orange accents. The exterior will be tangelo orange
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Honestly I feel Carbon Fiber interior trim is kinda RICE, smoothed out and color matched to the exterior paint is better but still leaning toward the RICE side of things as it's very easy to overdo, be very selective in how many and exactly which pieces of the interior your dip.

If you want to make the interior better then two-tone leather wrap everything, sure it's expensive as can be, but it's the only way to truly improve this interior.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Maybe it's a little dated... But heck... Driving around in a 10 year old muscle car isn't exactly screaming "I'm totally with the times!"

I like it! Nice work... You can leather cover it in 5 years when that too will be dated.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Teching In

I agree on the rice comment. I'm not talking about dipping everything. Hince why I said orange accents. I thought of going with just smooth painted pieces, but I have looked at different vehicles with this set up. It doesn't look bad in most cases. I was looking for a way to break up the color on the inside. I am already planning to wrap the dash and put black TA door panels on.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

IMO i dont like the shifter its just a little tacky i think but then again you have the picture in your head i dont really mind the CF but it is a little ricey on interior pieces.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure why everyone on here hates on the carbon... I've heard nothing but positive things everywhere else ive gone on mine... looks good man, keep up the good work!

Heres mine
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Looks good and your future plans sound really good as well. Orange ball looks pretty sweet too.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM

looks good, just not everyone's style is why you get the haters
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Looks good I love how everyone calls cf rice but the c6 corvettes have cf and its not rice
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Real carbon=not rice. But it can't be too much or it looks too played out. Fake carbon looks like **** though. Obviously carbon is meant to be light and strong, but nothing in the interior is really heavy enough or needs to be that strong opposed to the plastic that's already in the car, so interior carbon is really all asthetics and is pointless in terms of what carbon is actually meant for.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Hey max I like how the pieces you did cf flow together. I probably won't do that much in cf. I am using it to add an accent color without it being to overwhelming. I finally got the drivers side clear coated. Will post up some pics once I install it see what y'all think

Quick Reply: New Interior Mods