Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help installing dimmer switch for Revi MotorWerks cluster overlay

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing dimmer switch for Revi MotorWerks cluster overlay

Hello everyone, i purchased a cluster overlay from Ebay (after searching i should have just bought the 6le overlay but i didnt so im going to try and make this work for now)...... i need help installing the dimmer switch to make the overlay light up. Im not sure where i connect the negative and positive to get power to the switch/overlay. It is the blue glow overlay part #GFREVI001 if anyone wanted to know. I have it installed and the gauges work fine i just dont know how to connect this dimmer switch. Is my only option splicing into existing wiring and if so does anyone know which wires i should use (if splicing is a good idea in the first place). Im not really a fan of splicing so if there is another way i would rather go that route.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can a mod move this to the electrical section please.

ok so i was thinking about just pulling out the stereo deck and splicing it into the stereos negative and positive wires, anyone ideas for or against this idea. Im tired of not being able to see my gauges at night.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how did it work?

i know this is kinda dusting off the thread but how did that overlay work? i was looking at it on ebay and its the exact design i want with out the mcnord over pricing, were you able to disconnect all the wires and just use it as an overlay? do you have any pics?

Quick Reply: Need help installing dimmer switch for Revi MotorWerks cluster overlay