Old 05-10-2004, 08:26 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme !
Old 05-10-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

bah, suspense is killin me.

I really really really dont want to take bolts out and put a thread guage on them.

The kit would be nice, im hoping, because it would have washers and the apperance washers too...
Old 05-11-2004, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK OK damn the measurements are in. LOL Ryan has the information for the kits. You can get everything at once or a kit at a time. Bascially they are broken down this way:

Radiator support - 10 pieces (or maybe 8 can't remember now) This will be the only kit that you can get SS, Bowtie or the Pontiac bolts in. Its the only place where you really have the room to do the retap. Ryan also said that will be able to supply the tap if you want. If you go with an allen, hex etc you will NOT need to retap just the ones mentioned above.

Fenders - 10 pieces to do both sides

bumper support - the 2 pieces near the latch, 5 pieces for where the support meets the bumper (these are not stainless but plastic, simular to what is there now just a little nicer) and 4 nuts for where the support meets the radiator support. If you do acorn nuts on this you will need to cut the studs down, just an FYI.

Hood - this is the big one but has everything to do the hinges (including the 4 nuts on the fender, these cannot be acorn the hinge is a little too close for comfort), the gas shocks, the latch and the safety latch.

License plate - 2 pieces (there's only 2 holes on the back one) didn't do anything for a front one because there are different ways of doing it and I'm not doing any of them.

Throttle body - 2 for the Idle control, 2 for the throttle position (none of these 4 have appearance washers, not enough room), 3 for the throttle body itself (again no appearance), 2 for the cable bracket (with appearance), and 4 for the MAF (no appearance)

CPU - 2 pieces

I may have missed some its late and I'm tired. Ryan also has the ones for the inner fenders where the large grounds are at. Mine are relocated so you'll need to decide. I don't know cost so don't ask. Ryan is going to setup the kits on their web site along with part numbers for the different bolts and washer colors. Also pictures of mine and Steve's SS may be put on their site to help you know what the kit covers. But you can call and start ordering. He's also thinking of doing like a 5 piece kit of say 8mm with all of the washers for other places you may want to do. Also a bag with a mix of the chrome plugs for holes.

Basically you'll need to know the type of bolt you want allen, hex etc. the color of the apperance washer (if any) and what kit(s) you want. Also the kind of nuts if the kit needs it, normal open ended ones or acorn. If you start calling right now Ryan will probably need to get back to you on the price.

Just another FYI - I'm not making anything off of this. I did it to help everyone and so Steve and I don't get anymore questions on what size goes where. We've never known, we just carry some in and say: gimmie.

OK I'm tired and going to bed.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

what's the website address?
Old 05-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Chop-Foo Director

http://www.hillcofasteners.com/
Old 05-11-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright! Great work, Rob! You have made a lot of us happy.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

can we get photos up of the different types of bolts offered and colors of the appearance washers?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteDeathLS1
Alright! Great work, Rob! You have made a lot of us happy.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poltergeist
OK OK damn the measurements are in. LOL Ryan has the information for the kits. You can get everything at once or a kit at a time. Bascially they are broken down this way:

Radiator support - 10 pieces (or maybe 8 can't remember now) This will be the only kit that you can get SS, Bowtie or the Pontiac bolts in. Its the only place where you really have the room to do the retap. Ryan also said that will be able to supply the tap if you want. If you go with an allen, hex etc you will NOT need to retap just the ones mentioned above.

Fenders - 10 pieces to do both sides

bumper support - the 2 pieces near the latch, 5 pieces for where the support meets the bumper (these are not stainless but plastic, simular to what is there now just a little nicer) and 4 nuts for where the support meets the radiator support. If you do acorn nuts on this you will need to cut the studs down, just an FYI.

Hood - this is the big one but has everything to do the hinges (including the 4 nuts on the fender, these cannot be acorn the hinge is a little too close for comfort), the gas shocks, the latch and the safety latch.

License plate - 2 pieces (there's only 2 holes on the back one) didn't do anything for a front one because there are different ways of doing it and I'm not doing any of them.

Throttle body - 2 for the Idle control, 2 for the throttle position (none of these 4 have appearance washers, not enough room), 3 for the throttle body itself (again no appearance), 2 for the cable bracket (with appearance), and 4 for the MAF (no appearance)

CPU - 2 pieces

I may have missed some its late and I'm tired. Ryan also has the ones for the inner fenders where the large grounds are at. Mine are relocated so you'll need to decide. I don't know cost so don't ask. Ryan is going to setup the kits on their web site along with part numbers for the different bolts and washer colors. Also pictures of mine and Steve's SS may be put on their site to help you know what the kit covers. But you can call and start ordering. He's also thinking of doing like a 5 piece kit of say 8mm with all of the washers for other places you may want to do. Also a bag with a mix of the chrome plugs for holes.

Basically you'll need to know the type of bolt you want allen, hex etc. the color of the apperance washer (if any) and what kit(s) you want. Also the kind of nuts if the kit needs it, normal open ended ones or acorn. If you start calling right now Ryan will probably need to get back to you on the price.

Just another FYI - I'm not making anything off of this. I did it to help everyone and so Steve and I don't get anymore questions on what size goes where. We've never known, we just carry some in and say: gimmie.

OK I'm tired and going to bed.

You the Man!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

some pictures of the replacments would be nice, and the pontiac logos, what about pricing?
Old 05-11-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks alot!!! I can't wait for some pics to be up so I can see if some of the frontend stuff is the same as the SS.

qwik3r, he stated that pricing hasn't been finished yet.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by qwik3r
some pictures of the replacments would be nice, and the pontiac logos, what about pricing?

Ok Guys please read Poltergeist's post and politely thank him for his time an effort and then do not bug him again about pictures and pricing! The guy has already said that he is not making any money off of this and that he was just helping out fellow members by Taking time out of his schedule to drive down there and let this company take bolts out of his car and take measurements. So quit asking him for pictures and price's. He doesnt know. But you guys could help yourself by going to the website http://www.hillcofasteners.com/ ,look for their phone number and then call and ask them. I would probaly start with Ryan that is who he said took the measurements. and he listed the kits in his post.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:14 PM
NKAWTG...N

thanks poltergeist! you da man!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

poltergeist: thanks for doing what you did, its appreciated.
cgworth: are you poltergeist's new leason? I see no reason why anyone should cease from asking for pics or pricing. I doubt the company is going to send me any pictures and its only right that we ask to see what poltergeist put so much effort into.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'll be calling today...just gotta decide what color, or chrome...thanks for all the extra efforts!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a ton!!! I see a lot of kits being sold since car show season is upon us.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qwik3r
poltergeist: thanks for doing what you did, its appreciated.
cgworth: are you poltergeist's new leason? I see no reason why anyone should cease from asking for pics or pricing. I doubt the company is going to send me any pictures and its only right that we ask to see what poltergeist put so much effort into.
No he's not my leason. But I wasn't planning on answering you since the information was already stated in my previous post that it appears that you don't want to read. If you read it you will find the reason to cease asking for pictures. And as far as them personally sending pictures...I'm not even going to go there.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Just called and talked to Ryan. They're not ready to actually sell the kit yet. Said it would be about a week or so before he has all the parts assembled into a complete kit.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 05-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Hi. I'm Ryan from Hillco. Rob was generous enough to bring his car all the way over here to get it measured and fitted. Now I need a few days to get all the kit info out there. But I'm going to Vegas tomorrow, so it won't be until next week. By then, I'll probobly be broke, so you guys better get to ordering! Thanks for all the interest.
By the way, our whole catalog of nothing but fasteners will be up on our website soon, so check it out...www.hillcofasteners.com.

Thanks. Ryan.

Quick Reply: Nuts, bolts, washers, screws...