Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Nuts, bolts, washers, screws...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004 | 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stoleit
i sent an email yesterday, haven't gotten any reply or anything. bet they are gettin swamped though

same here, no reply yet, and their website is still not updated
Old 06-16-2004 | 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

No reply here either
Old 06-16-2004 | 09:35 PM
On The Tree

I am glad I have already got all mine now. I couldn't imagine how swamped they will be with emails and orders. It's well worth it though.

Mike
Old 06-16-2004 | 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I spoke with Ryan today; very nice guy. He is working on getting part #'s together and he is squaring things away with the the mods here.
Old 06-17-2004 | 03:34 AM
NKAWTG...N

oh ya they aren't sponsers...so selling stuff might be tricky like dat...hmm hope they work it out
Old 06-17-2004 | 04:29 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

havent heard anything back as well o well dont look like ill be able to show them off at some of the bigger shows coming up.
Old 06-17-2004 | 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hillco
Okay, okay already...After getting murdered on this site, I'm finally ready to start posting kit #s and prices. To make up for the delay, I'll pay the freight(no Red or Blue Labels knuckleheads!). E-mail me at ryan@hillcofasteners.com with your praise(or questions, I guess). Ryan.

yea I hope he responds to our emails soon. He did say he way ready, unless I read this wrong.
Old 06-17-2004 | 07:45 PM
Teching In

...okay, here you go, guys. So sorry for the long delay, but our first kit is ready, in the computer, with part #. Like I said, I'll pay the freight charges(ground only!). Lead time is 1-2 weeks, as we have many LS1 "enthusiasts"(sub your own adjective here if you like...) lined up, ready to order(or, ready to beat my a$$!! because I took so long!). All kits include chrome button heads(except throttle-body, which will use socket-head[regular allen-heads] cap screws), chrome flat-washers, and, of course, the annodized aluminum beauty washers. Colors available include: red, blue, green, orange(looks more like shiny, bright bronze), gold, purple, black, and bright(polished aluminum). There are also a few plastic pieces for the radiator support, which also use the beauty washers. Just in case you guys(or gals? if there are any?) need to be reminded of how sharp this will make your engine compatment look, check out Steves website at http://www.z069.us/. The part # for ordering is LS1-CH-1, and the price is $254.95. Remember to specify color. E-mail us your shipping and credit card info, or fax me at 714-657-7455. Call me at 714-657-7442, as well. The bolts are a very high quality chrome, and the beauty washers are sweet. This kit will add a great detail to your cars, and will really add some spice to your work of art. Remember, God is in the details...Thanks for your patience. Ryan.
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:10 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

254 man i knew it was gonna cost but not that much sorry I can have my stock stuff all chromed for cheaper.You offer nice products though to much for me though
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We really need a breakdown of exactly how many bolts this kit will replace etc. maybe witch part it will bolt on and how many pieces for each part to give us some idea of what we are getting

also what about the bolts with the pontiac symbol on the head
Old 06-17-2004 | 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

I knew this wouldn't be cheap but damn. I don't mean to be one to complain but I can't pay that for some bolts and washers.

Maybe break it down into some smaller kits for us poor folks.
Old 06-17-2004 | 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Gonna have to wait on that
Old 06-17-2004 | 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was a bit more than I expected too. We appreciate all the hard work you have done for this, but I have to agree, a break down into smaller kits might be advisable.

Paul
Old 06-17-2004 | 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm glad this is finaly out, and I appreciate the work that finaly got it ready, but there are different parts under the hood with the t/a and the camaro especially around the headlights I do believe. What pieces will interchange?
I'm guessing these are are plain bolts, as in no Bowtie.
Also, will there be an option for the Bowtie for the Chevy guys?
Will there be an option for the Pontiac Emblem for us who have a 'bird?
Would you please list what the bolts are going to? It would be great for actual #s, such as 8 button head for core support or 3 for left fender, etc. To lessen the work load, for now, a basic listing of what they will cover would suffice.
Llike a few others have stated, will you break it down into areas such as fender kits, core support kits, etc?

I know we have been pounding for this, and I really am glad these are out, just some information on what is included would be great. Thanks Again, Brandon
Old 06-17-2004 | 11:25 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

yes smaller kits would help us all out i know it would me being 19 let me know if u make smaller kits
Old 06-18-2004 | 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

I expressed interest in this kit, but am also surprised by the price. I had taken in a number of pieces to a local chromer and he did a baggies full of miscellaneous nuts and bolts for like $30. Unfortunately, some pieces didn't turn out well, which is why I was interested in the kit. However, there's a huge difference between $50 worth of chroming and a price tag of $254.

I'd definitely like to know how many pieces are included for $254. Maybe there's more pieces than I'm thinking of.
Old 06-18-2004 | 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, a bit more than I thought, but still something I want...I'll just have to squeeze it in the budget I think, rather than simply running out and getting it.

Definately though, I will not order blindly, exactly what is included in it? Or maybe more simply, how many bolts/washers are included?
Old 06-18-2004 | 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

I could be wrong, but I thought STeve had said a year or so ago when someone asked that he had around $100 or maybe a bit more in all of his.
Old 06-18-2004 | 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parbreak
I could be wrong, but I thought STeve had said a year or so ago when someone asked that he had around $100 or maybe a bit more in all of his.
Maybe to do a part of the compartment but not the whole thing. Realize each spot has a stainless bolt, washer and appearance washer, some spots like the hood hinges has 2 washers, 2 appearance and an acorn nut. This kit probable has 60~70 (probably more) bolts in it. The only spot that does not get apparance washers is the throttle body. The mounting bolt area is too small for one and the electrics is too small of screw. Steve and I did this over time, we'd buy $25 or so each time and it probably took 8-10 times to everything. The biggest problem was when you start adding them you see other areas to do them and another trip was needed.

Ryan has the bolts broken down into kits for different part of the comparment so I'm sure he will be able to give pricing on different parts. If you want an idea of the kits look at page 3 of this thread. I gave a quick breakdown of the kits. I missed a few of the kits on the post but it will give you an idea of whats covered.
Old 06-18-2004 | 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'll be the first to buy, even though I dont' agree with the price (supply and demand right )

red car, chrome bolts, should I go with polished or red or black washers? I'm thinking the anodized red wouldnt match too well, so probably polished....

Quick Reply: Nuts, bolts, washers, screws...