Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pods Galore!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cemlsx
I still need another gauge, will probably go with N20 pressure and fuel pressure but electric gauges are expensive so I`ll wait for a bit

Anyhow, heres how mine stands for the time being.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
autometer phantom guages?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Correct, I have a white custom gauge overlay from 6LE that I havent gotten around to installing, and decided the Autometer Phantoms would match it the best.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cemlsx
Correct, I have a white custom gauge overlay from 6LE that I havent gotten around to installing, and decided the Autometer Phantoms would match it the best.
yes my thoughts exactly, i have white overlays now and trying to match pillsr pod guages to them the autometer phantoms seem to fit the job the best. lookng for wideband, electric nitrous pressure and a digistal shift light to go in the pod also. very pricey setup right there
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to match my gauges perfectly with the stock cluster. I refuse to use glowshift, none of them look good to me. I'm thinking about getting sport comp II gauges. But I'm not sure. yet.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

i do have to say the glowshift red digital gauges match the stock redish dash lighting pretty well, and the yellowish,orangish MTX lighting isnt too bad either. dont have a choice realy on that one. Whats nice though is that at night the red looks completly at home and damn near stock. i wish i the MTX came in red but for what its jobs for, id image it not completly transparent is a good thing.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

id be conserned with cheap guages like that, unless your just going for looks i dont think id cheap out on guages. then again ive never known anyone who uses glow shift guages so i guess i dont know how good they are or not
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

so far they are doign quite well. im not too sure about their wideband gauge as they arent tested so i went with a better know brand for that part. time will tell.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The gauges just feel all around cheap to me. I've installed autometer, glowshift, aem and greddy gauges. Glowshift gauges just feel and look cheap to me. Autometer is the best for a budget IMO.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

what do you mean "feel" cheap? i not sure which ones you got but the digital series gauges are right on par with the MTX-L wideband that i installed at the same time as the other gauges. now i do agree the regular analog style 7 series cheap gauges by glowshift seem to be a bit lower quality in terms or "weight" but the face seems just fine. i have a trans temp guage for that one so that one doesnt move around all that much so im not too worried about it giving me decimal readings lol
Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's just my initial feel about them. I've always ran autometer in my cars and the first time I dealt with glowshift full sweep gauges, I just didn't like them what so ever. I think one thing that I cannot stand about them, is that the "glowshift" glows on all the ones I have seen. And I don't like the logo on them what so ever. Maybe just an OCD thing, but I can't stand them. And I don't like how the display "bulges" out. I really like the lip that the autometers come with.

A friend of mine ran their boost, oil temp and trans temp. He switched to autometer ones a few months later and reported seeing different numbers through the autometer gauges. Which ones were correct? I don't know, never looked into the matter further.

I just stand by autometer gauges, I know other report that glow shifts work very well too.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
It's just my initial feel about them. I've always ran autometer in my cars and the first time I dealt with glowshift full sweep gauges, I just didn't like them what so ever. I think one thing that I cannot stand about them, is that the "glowshift" glows on all the ones I have seen. And I don't like the logo on them what so ever. Maybe just an OCD thing, but I can't stand them. And I don't like how the display "bulges" out. I really like the lip that the autometers come with.

A friend of mine ran their boost, oil temp and trans temp. He switched to autometer ones a few months later and reported seeing different numbers through the autometer gauges. Which ones were correct? I don't know, never looked into the matter further.

I just stand by autometer gauges, I know other report that glow shifts work very well too.
i deff agree that the "glowshift" logo is hideous and makes them look cheezy
but anyways lets see some more pics posted!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikh338
yes my thoughts exactly, i have white overlays now and trying to match pillsr pod guages to them the autometer phantoms seem to fit the job the best. lookng for wideband, electric nitrous pressure and a digistal shift light to go in the pod also. very pricey setup right there
They are quite pricey, Right now I have the trans temp, and the wideband.
Hopefully soon I will be adding a N20 pressure gauge and Fuel pressure gauge in there but I have so many other things that are more of a priority at the moment so I`m not too worried, I`d rather wait and do it nice and do it once instead of getting cheap gauges that I`ll regret down the road.

I`m doing a slow but effective interior make over, so i`ve still got to re do my entire stereo, rear seat delete, new seats and complete upholstery ( alcantara )
but hopefully its going to worth it in the end.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry for the blurry pic

Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Are there any other gauge pod setups aside from the vent holes that don't have that LOOK AT ME look to them? I can't stand the A-pillar gauge pods, but might have to suck it up and get one when I get boosted.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Are there any other gauge pod setups aside from the vent holes that don't have that LOOK AT ME look to them? I can't stand the A-pillar gauge pods, but might have to suck it up and get one when I get boosted.
pretty much the same boat im in. I had an aeroforce gauge on my previous z28 on the a-pillar, and i felt like everyone to my left would stare at it at night. Now that i have a trans am, im thinking of putting it in the middle AC vent. Either that or tint the windows.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the A/C vents are great mounts, just depends if you use the AC or not lol
I do have to admit I wasnt into A pillar pods to begin with, but its definitely grown on me.

It does look clean, far better than mounting gauges on dash pods or something imo.
And if you have the time, just wrap it or something and it will look even better, and tinted windows are a must anyway I hate the fishtank look lol
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

Here's mine. Air/fuel , boost, fuel. And I don't think u can see it but right beside my boost gauge is my led light for my meth kit. Comes on when the pump is working
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So weather was perfect this morning here, so i finally got it all installed! will edit the OP for my pics when i get home!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zlow28
pretty much the same boat im in. I had an aeroforce gauge on my previous z28 on the a-pillar, and i felt like everyone to my left would stare at it at night. Now that i have a trans am, im thinking of putting it in the middle AC vent. Either that or tint the windows.
If you go with Glowshifts Tinted Red Digital it matches the RED LED mod for the interior and gauges! ill get pics tonight
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

All glowshift minus the Innovate MTX-L wideband
top to bottom
red digital series Boost/Vac -20 - 30psi
red digital series fuel pressure 0-100 psi
MTX-L wideband
black 7 series trans temp guage.

blends in pretty well i think

Quick Reply: Pods Galore!