Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Changing up the Z a bit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing up the Z a bit

Hey everybody. Looking to get some input from everybody here and to get some ideas on my opinions for my car.

First off I know how a vast majority here hate the y3f package, but for some reason I like it. I am one of those old school guys who like distinctive curves and body variations that give a car that little extra. I had my fronts ripped off by somebody and have recently acquired a replacement set. I am currently in the process of refinishing them to go on the car.

So I have decided to go with black corners and rear side markers. Now I am wondering if I should do the old school manta, newer manta with pinstripe, manta outline, or scoop fill in on my SS hood.

If anybody has an artic white with this done it'd be awesome if you could post a pic or two of it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Attached a poorly photoshopped pic of the car with blacked out signals and the front y3f's.
Attached Thumbnails Changing up the Z a bit-image.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Manta will help drastically. Either one will look good in my opinion.

Turn signals are a good addition too.

I think that even more importantly you get some different wheels. You can pick up ZR1/WS6/SS wheels with tires for $400 if you look around.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input. Forgot to mention that the sawblades are the winter set of tires and rims that are currently on the car. Have a set of the chrome n98 stockers, shown in my sig, that I will be running during the non winter months.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Launching!

i agree the manta stripe (in black) will look very good. You should also do the Berger panel, smoke the tail lights just a bit (gets rid of the orange in the tail lights). Also it looks like the windows are not tinted?, tint them, it will look really good with the black mirrors and black sail panel. Gives the car a sleeker look with the whole top part of the car being black. Oh and i actually like the little front skirts bodykit, gives the Camaros front end a beefier look.

EDIT: just read in another thread you dont like the berger panel? and i guess you have LT1 tails so no orange. I would still smoke the tail lights, it looks really good IMO, especially on white cars.

Last edited by ggino85; 03-05-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, forgot to mention that as well, and need to update the sig pic. Been modding the car here and there as I go along. Not really a huge fan of the berger mod, but that's what makes a car an individual. Already have the lt1 tails as well as the franker black vinyl fill-ins, which happens to be the first mods I had done to the car.

Was thinking of having the windows tinted legal percentage on the sides, 35% here in massachusetts, and 20% on the hatch. Also might be ditching the oem emblems on the sides and rear for the 69 Z/28 Onyx from emblempros as well.

The car is an actual factory white on white m6, had ran the VIN with GM Vintage Vehicle Services in Canada before compnine was back up and running. Got whacked the $75 cad for it, but was verified to be one of the less than 778 with the white leather interior.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Teching In

I'm def. a scoop fill kind of guy when it comes to an SS. As ggino85 said, the berger panel looks really good when it's painted black on that white car. The contrast is perfect. I would also then look into getting either chrome or white vinyl lettering on the panel for the CAMARO, it always looks good with a lil shine against black.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Going to plasti dip the manta on the car this weekend, weather permitting. Not really that crazy about the Berger panel mod, but might give it a shot. What the hell right, it's just plasti dip.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you thought about using vinyl for the manta? That would be easier than using plasti dip, least I think so.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigMac76
Hey everybody. Looking to get some input from everybody here and to get some ideas on my opinions for my car.

First off I know how a vast majority here hate the y3f package, but for some reason I like it. I am one of those old school guys who like distinctive curves and body variations that give a car that little extra. I had my fronts ripped off by somebody and have recently acquired a replacement set. I am currently in the process of refinishing them to go on the car.

So I have decided to go with black corners and rear side markers. Now I am wondering if I should do the old school manta, newer manta with pinstripe, manta outline, or scoop fill in on my SS hood.

If anybody has an artic white with this done it'd be awesome if you could post a pic or two of it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Attached a poorly photoshopped pic of the car with blacked out signals and the front y3f's.
Thumbs up to the y3f package, I have it on my red z28 and other than the fact im scared to lower the car because of it, I have grown to like it.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I have my car lowered 1.5 inches front & 1.7 in the rear, I dont scrape nothing at all, Only my front lower air dam will.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Yeah was gonna go vinyl, but wanted to check it out first before actually trying it or having it permanently painted on the car to make my decision and making it permanent. That and cost, $5 for plasti dip or $35-$100 for the vinyls.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Here is a pic of my 99 z28 front end wiill post pic of rear tomorrow for you
Attached Thumbnails Changing up the Z a bit-resampled_2013-03-08_10-31-27_54.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Launching!

I would post a pic of mine with the scoop insert but I dont know how
Old 03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Plasti Dip'd the manta on today. Up close there are some rough edges but just wanted to use it as a "Do I like it or hate it" thought. Think it looks awesome but can obviously look better lol.

Should be getting my corners today, FedEx better hurry up, I'm getting impatient!
Attached Thumbnails Changing up the Z a bit-20130309_135818-small.jpg   Changing up the Z a bit-20130309_140556s-small.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, got some new pics to add to the post here. Installed the blackout depo corners yesterday. Really stands out more. Thinking whistler mod the headlights and add the front y3f pieces and it will really stand out!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you mask it off with, something like pinstripe tape or 1/4 in frog tape leaves the edges perfect
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Did it with 3M painters tape to be honest lol. Worked pretty good, but the edges weren't as fine as I was hoping they'd be. But like I said, it's in plasti dip so not permanent.

Below are some pics of the car as it sits now, don't mind all the dirt. New england weather up here sucks with all this melting and **** going on.

Updated sig pic to reflect changes made to the car.
Attached Thumbnails Changing up the Z a bit-front-003.jpg   Changing up the Z a bit-right-rear-001.jpg   Changing up the Z a bit-front-002.jpg   Changing up the Z a bit-front-001.jpg  

Last edited by BigMac76; 03-15-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: New sig pic to reflect car's current state

Quick Reply: Changing up the Z a bit