Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

BLS 98-02 Firebird Projector Headlight kit V2 Teaser Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry I haven't been giving more feedback. Here in the northeast we had another snow scare the past two days, so 700+rwhp and snow just doesn't mix, especially on soft compound R888's.

Work has kicked my ***, as well as kids this week, but I will have everything buttoned up by Saturday and will post as many pics as BLS wants me to here. The high beams become not neccesary thanks to the design of the new projector, but I'll still hook them up for asthetics.

Like I said, I think the light output on this setup is even better than my Saab with factory HID's.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 03-07-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
However I wouldn't want to leave my stock sealed beam in the high spot. I would like everything to match. It might sound strange but that's the way I am.
You can get the BLS V1 High beam setup (which is a Hella 60mm 9005 projector) if you want a dual projector setup, or you can get the High Beam LMC Truck housings (which are sealed beam conversion housings).

Either way, stick with Halogen in the High Beam spot. Aftermarket HID is too slow to warm up and doesn't like to be flashed.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good side by side

I have the bls 7 inch housings in my jeep. I live in Belmar, NJ and had to leave my house when the shark river was at my door. Through the course of trying to find somewhere to stay, I forged several flooded roads. A couple wound up being hood high, scary ****! Anyways, I had the headlights on the entire time. They never failed. I'd say "full submersion" is a pretty good test and they passed The mini h1's would have certainly been ruined if they were used.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed.

Let's get that group purchase going!!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

I would love to have this setup on my car. Subscribing to thread.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Subscribed.

Let's get that group purchase going!!
Id be in for that.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Thank you. We will continue to sell the V1 likely with a reduced price.

No problem and thanks again. I look forward to the pictures with everything buttoned up.

Thank you!

We started with the MH1 for the reason you mentioned however we simply couldn't get everything to seal properly. With the headlights in the down position, the bulb holder area is right below where the hood meets the headlight cover. Water from washing the vehicle or rain simply was not ideal. The mini D2S is much more robustly sealed and protected than the MH1 in the bulb holder area. The MH1's also will not handle a 50/55W ballast system. The length of the projector bowl with the lamp was cause for concern. Lastly, the ease of install made the D2S version just an overall winner in this regard. We browse HIDplanet and speak with TRS regularly regarding these products and while the MH1 was the ideal choice, we are very happy with the performance of the D2S model. Compared with the V1, this unit will provide better low beam and certainly high beam performance over the factory halogen or 60mm Hella high beam module.
Excellent! The V1 are lightyears better than the factorys lighting except for that specific issue as you mentioned plus the lense covers would get dusty on the inside making them nearly impossible to keep clean!

If the V2's solved those issues I'm ready to upgrade yesterday!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:20 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I'm driving my car to work tomorrow as long as there's no rain or snow in the forecast. Thanks to the clock change, it'll be plenty dark out to get a true test of how good these new lights are.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I've got a custom made projector setup on my TA, and I've been recently looking into replacing the projectors with a low/high setup, particularly one with more clarity and distance than my Valeos.. I may get your basic kit. I'm already running a Morimoto D2H bulb.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Now that we can use the 55W ballasts this has caught my interest. Ive had the BLS since release and I loved them every time I drive the car at night. These look even better.

Looking forward to the Alchemist's pics!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Teching In

I just sent you PM about the V1 kit but I guess I will be waiting for V2 kit looks AMAZING! Subscribing to thread.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Sorry guys for not replying sooner.

Drove the car and it's amazing. The lights are as good as anything new you would buy from BMW, Lexus, or any other factory HID setup.

I went to take pics, but the battery in the camera was dead. I will get pics this weekend when I pull the car back off the lift.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in this. Is it safe to say that we all agree that our stock lights completely suck?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 058mydust
I just sent you PM about the V1 kit but I guess I will be waiting for V2 kit looks AMAZING! Subscribing to thread.
Your PM was received. Thanks for the inquiry and when the V2 is available, I will let you know. We anticipate the GP to be launched within the next couple weeks.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Sorry guys for not replying sooner.

Drove the car and it's amazing. The lights are as good as anything new you would buy from BMW, Lexus, or any other factory HID setup.

I went to take pics, but the battery in the camera was dead. I will get pics this weekend when I pull the car back off the lift.
Glad to hear you are enjoying them. Can't wait to see the pics!!

Originally Posted by Coppertone
I'm interested in this. Is it safe to say that we all agree that our stock lights completely suck?
I am biased but I will say yes.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am in for being part of the group purchase. I would like to upgrade the lights before I hit the road on power tour. The car usually never see's the night but the stockers are really really bad, so I would like to get this upgrade anyway.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

I'm hoping the weather will hold out for more than a couple days so The Alchemist can take final pics.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
I'm hoping the weather will hold out for more than a couple days so The Alchemist can take final pics.
I'm so sorry, as you know BLS, the weather here has been just stupid. I had 2-3" of snow on Sunday morning and Saturday we had a white out for almost the whole day. Even this week we've had snow flurries on Monday into Tuesday.

I will make every effort to get the car off the lift tonight and grab some pics of it buttoned up for everyone. I'm ordering a GO PRO and when it comes in I'll take some videos at dusk/night as well showing how great these lights truly are.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Too bad someone that is in a state with better weather doesn't have a kit to report on. HINT HINT... Like me in Las Vegas, NV where the weather is a beautiful 77 degrees.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by 058mydust
Too bad someone that is in a state with better weather doesn't have a kit to report on. HINT HINT... Like me in Las Vegas, NV where the weather is a beautiful 77 degrees.
I've driven the car, and have reported that the lights are phenominal, I'm not sure what else you want from me. They are better than the HID's in my 2006 Saab 9-3. When I get home this evening, I will take better pics of the completed setup, but all that basically consists of is the covers back on the front of the housing.

I will put up a driving video as soon as my GO PRO gets here which should be on Friday.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 03-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: BLS 98-02 Firebird Projector Headlight kit V2 Teaser Pics!