Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black 06' Denail, full correction, pic heavy, you might want to bring a snack

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
god i love your work.....
Never had anyone put it exactly like that but I appreciate the compliment none the less.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing job, that is some quality work right there. I shudder to think how long it would take to correct that large of a vehicle though. Props to you.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pvb32978
Amazing job, that is some quality work right there. I shudder to think how long it would take to correct that large of a vehicle though. Props to you.
Yeah it took a while. I work full time and do this on the side. There were several nights of only 3-4 hours of sleep. I just got done with a black 06 Escalade this week. I'm going to take a short break before I do another.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome work, I'm sure the owner is very happy. The before shots look like small children with gravel pitted rags washed it. Whose garage is that btw?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mac62989
Awesome work, I'm sure the owner is very happy. The before shots look like small children with gravel pitted rags washed it. Whose garage is that btw?
The owner of the Denali. I wish I had a shop half that size
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
The Rupes is awesome!

Thanks Rare, I always appreciate when you post in my threads.

I haven't tried the FG yet. I've heard great things about it. I've bought so much stuff this past month I keep forgetting about that. The Rupes and the M100 both are new to me and I'm trying to fine tune that combo. I want to make sure I get it spot on before I try something else. I've never used diminishing abrasives, I need to learn about how to use them effectively first.

The Viper isn't too bad. For being sprayed from the factory it looks pretty damn good. Hardly any orange peel. The first time I saw it I asked him who painted it because I didn't know it was a factory color. It shouldn't need much to correct it. I'm doing his new Jeep Rubicon next week. Light polish then opti coated.

Thanks!
Thanks for the nice comments, us detailers need to stick together! Shoot me a pm with your shipping address and I can send out a sample of the FG400 if you'd like. It is one of the most impressive detailing products that I've used in quite some time. I've been using it religiously on many of my correction work - when applicable obviously.

Oh, and very nice work! Your attention to detail is fantastic.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Thanks for the nice comments, us detailers need to stick together! Shoot me a pm with your shipping address and I can send out a sample of the FG400 if you'd like. It is one of the most impressive detailing products that I've used in quite some time. I've been using it religiously on many of my correction work - when applicable obviously.

Oh, and very nice work! Your attention to detail is fantastic.
I'm going to pick some up, thanks for the offer though. I was talking to Jeff the other night and he was telling me how amazing the FG400 is. How do you work it compared to M100/101/105?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to pick some up, thanks for the offer though. I was talking to Jeff the other night and he was telling me how amazing the FG400 is. How do you work it compared to M100/101/105?
No worries. Honestly, it's your typical high quality menzerna compound. Tremendous working time, zero dusting, effortless removal. This stuff corrects and leaves the finish LSP ready in some cases. I'm a bit of a perfectionist (or obsessive compulsive) when it comes to paint correction so I typically follow the FG400 up with a nice finishing/jeweling polish like 85RD then move onto my LSP. I have however used FG400 on a few of my customers cars that purchased one step packages from me and the FG400 finished down well enough to go straight to LSP. It really does cut quite well, and finishes equally well.

In comparison to the Meguiars lineup, I typically notice that my pad stays cleaner for a longer period of time when using the FG. My method of application stays pretty much the same with FG vs. the Meguiars lineup - but I've only been using it a couple of weeks so that could definitely change. Also, I have yet to try the speed M100 compound.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome man. Detailing that far is beyond me lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Rare,

Have you seen this review of FG400? The way they show it FG400 didn't do very well with MF pads. I'm wondering if they could have changed something to achieve better results. When you get a chance look it over and let me know what you think.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264488
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rare,

Have you seen this review of FG400? The way they show it FG400 didn't do very well with MF pads. I'm wondering if they could have changed something to achieve better results. When you get a chance look it over and let me know what you think.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264488
I cannot believe I haven't seen this earlier. Crazy in depth review of both products. I personally would've liked to see him prime the MF pad (both 105 & FG) and compare performance. Todd even noted earlier in the review that both compounds could've benefit from pad priming (although I believe that was when he was using the Flex rotary + purple foamed whool combo). Very interesting review, but I do personally think that different steps could've been taken to achieve different results.

For example:

Some detailers will tell you to not prime the MF pad, and set your speeds at 5-6 (RO Polisher obv.)
Some guys will swear by running lower speeds (4-4.5) and a little less pressure

I personally would've like to him apply the FG400 on a primed MF pad, using both of the above methods I mentioned. Personally, I prefer to work with MF pads with a little less pressure and speed than I do with foam - depending on the circumstances obviously.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you prime the pad the same with the FG as you do with the Meg's? I use KBM on MF and foam using Meg's stuff.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
Looks awesome man. Detailing that far is beyond me lol.
Thanks If you need something done I know a guy
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you prime the pad the same with the FG as you do with the Meg's? I use KBM on MF and foam using Meg's stuff.
Typically yes. It'll take a little more compound to prime a microfiber pad obviously, but I really like to do it and ensure that that fingers on the pad have an ample amount of product to ensure even coverage. I tend to get really good results using this method on hard clear coats especially, which for whatever reason seems to be the normal working surface for me (I work on quite a few GM cars/hard clear)

I like to prime my microfiber pads and use medium pressure on speed 4.5 (PC 7424XP).

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...n-Brown-Method

Last edited by Rare96LT1Formula; 04-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Black 06' Denail, full correction, pic heavy, you might want to bring a snack