Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit GP - It's Here!!***

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit GP - It's Here!!***

***BLS 98+ Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Retrofit V2 Launch GROUP BUY***

GP GOOD THROUGH April 8th - Spots are limited!

We are pleased to offer the most powerful and best performing lighting system for 98+ Firebirds EVER available on the market. After a long R&D period, we are pleased to offer a bi-xenon projector option for the 98-02 Firebird. We will continue to offer the V1 as a reduced pricing option for those interested.

What type of lighting is currently available for 98-02 Firebirds?

1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.
2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor.
3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.
4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.
5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been the popular upgrade with the 98+ Firebirds and while it is a less costly option, the performance is still significantly behind a true projector headlight. Many systems will cause glare which is harmful to oncoming drivers. These systems also lack a bi-xenon option.
6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector.

What’s different about V2 versus our original V1 kit?

- Our V1 kit included a low beam projector from Hella, whereas the new Morimoto projector is a bi-xenon unit. The bi-xenon function is controlled via a solenoid within the projector providing both low and high beam mode all within one unit. HID lamps do not like to be cycled on/off rapidly so with the V2 kit, the projector does all the work while the HID system stays on.

- The new projector provides better low beam performance than the V1 and astounding light output in the high beam mode. The low beam cutoff step for V2 is more traditional versus the more exaggerated step of the V1. Beam width is increased and more light is pushed farther out from the vehicle.
- V2 utilizes the existing headlight bucket allowing for an easy installation and adjustment.

- As with the V1, this kit remains plug and play with no permanent modification required to the vehicle.

For our existing customers

- You can upgrade to the new system while retaining much of your existing BLS kit saving installation time and money. Those with premium systems can still retain their high beam projectors.

- Existing customers will re-utilize their clear main protective lenses, HID ballasts and relay wiring. New HID lamps and some additional wiring will be included with the upgrade setup. These projectors will work with your 55W DDM slim ballasts.

- You must have your original, unmolested factory headlight buckets and hardware including the high tension spring. We can provide stainless hardware to secure the bucket trim ring if needed.

Stock - Low beam mode shown

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Performance:

DDM Tuning Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Aesthetics – Courtesy of the Alchemist:

Installation:
Installation instructions will be emailed for each kit upon shipment and if you can install a new headlamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need. Tolerances are very tight on these vehicles in the headlight area however these were designed to fit appropriately.

Adjustment:
Since the V2 uses the low beam factory bucket, adjustment will be the same as stock. For those purchasing the premium kit with the high beam projectors, adjustment requires a little extra work. The factory top and side adjustments are retained however we include a third adjustment point where the factory spring resides replaced with stainless steel hardware.

Customer Pictures – These images utilize our V1 kit.

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing
*** If you do not have unmodified, low beam headlight buckets, the V2 kit will not work***

Existing Customer Upgrade: $250 shipped - **Must have existing, unmodified low beam buckets** - (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Morimoto HID Lamps – Specify (4500k, 5000k, or 6000k)
- CNC Machined Projector Retainer
- Split connector wiring
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

Standard V2 Bi-xenon - $525 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kit (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $50)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

Premium Kit: Low & High Beams - $795 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors – Low Beams
- Hella DOT/SAE 60mm Projector High Beams – Halogen Lamps
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kit (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $70)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Aluminum Mounting Frames – High Beams Only
- Acrylic Hardware Cover – High Beams Only
- 65W Halogen lamps w/ PnP connectors (Different lamps available at slight additional cost) – High Beams Only
- Stainless Hardware – High Beams Only
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

HID Color Options (Low Beam Only)
4500K – White with slight hint of yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard and most popular
6000K – White with Blue Tint

Halogen Options (High Beam Only)
Optional Lamp Choices - Extra Charge Applies (Kit will include standard halogen lamps)
Yellow All Weather - 55W - $40
Ultra White - 55W - $30
Pure Blue - 65W - $40
Titanium White - 65W - $55

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through April 8th or until we receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and we will send you the payment information.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:58 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, this is honestly THE very best lights you can put on your car. If you have ever driven a factory HID projector car, you know how well the lights perform, these perform that well, if not better. I just got my GoPro this weekend, so I'll have videos up soon of how these perform.... but I kid you not, they are forcasting a 4-8" snow storm for my area tomorrow, so I will do what I can to get a video up tonight.

Again, if you drive your firebird at night, you have to get this upgrade.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna get in on this. Can I use the 25% discount that I won in the pic contest?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Pmed with a question.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

So the standard V2 kit will also serve/function as the hi beams?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

As promised, here's a quick video I took tonight before putting the car back in the garage on the lift. We're expecting snow tomorrow, so I wanted to keep the daily driver in the garage, I'm spoiled, I hate a cold car.

At the end of the video I did a switch from low beam to high beam and back, and you can see how bright the lights really are. Granted, it was only at dusk, but you get the idea.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Guys, this is honestly THE very best lights you can put on your car. If you have ever driven a factory HID projector car, you know how well the lights perform, these perform that well, if not better. I just got my GoPro this weekend, so I'll have videos up soon of how these perform.... but I kid you not, they are forcasting a 4-8" snow storm for my area tomorrow, so I will do what I can to get a video up tonight.

Again, if you drive your firebird at night, you have to get this upgrade.
Thank you sir and the video is much appreciated. Car sounds great!

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
Gonna get in on this. Can I use the 25% discount that I won in the pic contest?
Yes sir.

Originally Posted by WS6 What
Pmed with a question.
PM will be returned after this post.

Originally Posted by Coppertone
So the standard V2 kit will also serve/function as the hi beams?
Yes, the V2 will also serve function as the hi beams as well. This is the benefit of using the bi-xenon projector.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok cool. I'll pm you when I'm ready to buy.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like I might save some money for these. They look pretty good! Even though im not a big fan of projector headlights.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Are they extremely bright to oncoming traffic? I don't want to spend 525 and have people flashing their lights at me all night, lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Are they extremely bright to oncoming traffic? I don't want to spend 525 and have people flashing their lights at me all night, lol.
No, not at all. The beauty of a projector beam is that you have a sharp cutoff above the light. Look at the end of my video and you'll see a nice sharp cutoff that above that, you don't get much light at all. So for oncoming traffic, they see that your lights are on, but they don't shine at them. Granted, this is based on if your lights are properly aimed, aim them too high and you will get flashed, but aim them properly and no worries.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

As The Alchemist said, these will not blind oncoming traffic if these are adjusted properly. The purpose of the stepped cutoff is to avoid light for oncoming traffic with the raised portion providing more light down the road. This is the same method used for any new vehicle with a projector headlight.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys. Can you post a pic of everything that comes with the entire kit?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys. Can you post a pic of everything that comes with the entire kit?
We will do our best to get a picture of everything. We are prepping right now for the orders coming in so we will get a shot once it's all pieced together. Essentially you are getting what you see in the first image under "Aesthetics" which shows the clear main cover lens, inner bracket for the projector and bi-xenon unit itself. As mentioned but not shown is the HID kit including lamps, ballasts, and associated wiring.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

wasn't there gonna be an option that was just the "Assembly" no wiring or ballasts, basically if I understand the process right it would be the "existing upgrade kit" but with the protective cover, for those of us that already have HID ballast and can do our own wiring if we opt to make the lense do the high beam function. I would be interested in that.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM
FormerVendor

Daniel - we can put together a kit like that if you are interested in everything but the HID kit and wiring. Feel free to PM to discuss.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 AM
FormerVendor

I figured it may be helpful showing pictures of other retrofits we have done (Jeep Wrangler and 67 Camaro shown) which utilize the same projector unit used for the kit we are selling for the Firebirds. All of the pictures are shown using a Morimoto 35W HID system with 5000k lamps. The Camaro still needed some adjustment.

Low Beam

High Beam

Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 AM
TECH Addict

What is the difference between 35w and 50w?

Also do ou have any pics portraying the various temps? What is the norm?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

35W and 50W will be a difference in light output and color. The higher wattage tends to make the light "whiter" when compared with the same lamp temperature. Below is a helpful link with just about everything you would want to know about HID lamps. Towards the bottom, there is a comparison picture with the lamp temps.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech_hid_bulbs.php

5000k is by far the most popular we sell. It provides a very nice balance of light color and output. Remember, the higher in Kelvin temp you go, the amount of light will be reduced.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Remember, the higher in Kelvin temp you go, the amount of light will be reduced.
Also, the light gets bluer/purpler which is worse for our night vision.

Quick Reply: ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit GP - It's Here!!***