Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Meguiars DA power system thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Meguiars DA power system thoughts?

Anybody else see the new DA power system from meguiars? Today while at my local auto parts store I seen it and thought that it seemed like a nice product. I have always wanted to get a porter cable to use on my car but never got around to it. They had it on special for $49 and the other pads are $12 a piece. It might be a cost effective way to get some good results.. What are your guys thoughts???

http://www.meguiars.com/en/dapowersystem/
Old 04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better than nothing but I love my PC.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing it'd be better than hand polishing results, but that thing would probably be a pain to hold on to while working compared to a normal DA polisher, especially working vertically.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

its gonna swirl up your paint.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

I don't think this will replace a porter cable but for cars that have smaller areas that need detail. Maybe helpful. But most cars need pad size to simply cover the real estate. I'd go nuts trying to do my trans am spoiler with that small of a pad. A 5" pad I still did it in 3 sections
Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no exp with this, but the PC is tried and true. Save and get the real thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply's guys, I seen it at the store and figured I would throw the question out there. It does seem like it would take forever to do with that small of a pad. I was looking at the PC kits that Adam's has for sale and will go that route when I do it.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6']['9
its gonna swirl up your paint.
LOL, nice contribution to the thread. Please tell me more about your detailing knowledge...

Anyways... The DA Power system is ample for spot buffing. No way would I look at that system and think it'd be acceptable to compound and polish out an entire car with. It's more for tough to reach areas in my opinion. It does work, but the extra expense to jump up to a Porter Cable, Meguiars, or Griots polisher would be money well spent.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rebob5
Thanks for the reply's guys, I seen it at the store and figured I would throw the question out there. It does seem like it would take forever to do with that small of a pad. I was looking at the PC kits that Adam's has for sale and will go that route when I do it.
Good choice, the PC will serve you much better. We have 4" focus pads for the PC as well for working in tight spaces.

Any machine you purchase through us carries a lifetime warranty.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Nick, I have been looking at your stuff for awhile now and hope to place a order soon. My car is a 95 and ive had it since 2001 and it looks good but as old as the paint is it definitely needs some paint correction. My car is sitting in the garage because the weather here in NY is still bad, Its just screaming to be polished... might have to place that order sooner that I expected HAHA
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rebob5
Nick, I have been looking at your stuff for awhile now and hope to place a order soon. My car is a 95 and ive had it since 2001 and it looks good but as old as the paint is it definitely needs some paint correction. My car is sitting in the garage because the weather here in NY is still bad, Its just screaming to be polished... might have to place that order sooner that I expected HAHA
Sounds like a plan, let me know if I can help you out with anything!

Quick Reply: Meguiars DA power system thoughts?