Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hawks Third Gen - Ebay parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawks Third Gen - Ebay parts

I bought a front bumper support filler for my 01 Camaro SS from Hawks Third Gen Parts Ebay store back on April 3rd, received a Firebird front fascia filler and have been getting jerked around trying to get it shipped back without having to pay out of my pocket, meanwhile they still have not shipped the original part that I paid for and need to finish my car.

Anyone else have bad customer service with the Ebay related items? I have bought many items from Hawks and have had excellent service up to this point, just the Ebay store seems to be short of any customer service at all.....
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So you have not sent it back? And you expect them to already send you the correct item? If so, you've got things wrong. You should be able to contact them, they should send you a return shipping slip/postage for a specific shipping company. You use that to send it back. Once they get it, then they'll get the correct item sent out. OR they'll have you just send it back on your dime, show proof of how much it was, ad then they'll refund you that much on the card you originally payed with, or PayPal.

If you need it fast. buy another one in a completely separate transaction, contact them so they make sure to send the right thing. And then just finish up the original transaction as a return for a full refund. If you get someone on the phone they should be able to walk you through this stuff.

For a mistake like this, no company is gonna send you the correct item without first getting the first item back. Unless its some cheap/ cheap to ship item.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-15-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Crimson, I agree with what your saying 100%, I wanted to ship it back right away, I was simply going to use their UPS number, however they have given me two different numbers and neither work.

I printed a label tonight and will be shipping it out tomorrow on my dime. Which was never a problem, but they would not confirm that they would pay me back for it.

I just have not received the support on there end, I don't understand why I should have to jump through hoops to fix their mistake, I have not even gotten so much as an apology.....
Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

I hope everything gets straightened out! I've had bad experiences with hawks and I no longer shop with them. For example, I've been given a price on used parts, then given a completely different higher price after driving 2+ hours to get to Easley. I've also had then send me pictures of a used part, then presented with a different part in much worse condition upon arrival. Not to mention the prices compared to competitors. I hope they make everything right with you!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I would have read this earlier. I won a used 4th-gen cluster on eBay on Monday. I paid yesterday, and got the tracking number about 2 hours later.

Hopefully the cluster is as-described.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Well they shipped out the correct item yesterday and its suppose to arrive on Friday, they said they would refund me the total for shipping but that remains to be seen. It does seem things are headed in the right direction.... finally
Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been doing buisness with hawks for 4 years and never had a bad experience, but Easley is only an hour drive for me and I do everything in person with either Bruce(the owner) or Steven(Bruce's right hand man) the thing about it is their eBay store is maintained by several different people that have no car experience really just computer skills from what I've seen, which is probably why Bruce it seems like every other month Bruce is looking to hire someone to run the online side of things, best bet would be to call, ask to speak to Bruce or Steven specifically and explain what's going on and my money says you'll end up being a happy customer in the end. And as for the statement on incorrect pricing quotes it all goes back to who you talk to, if you email and talk to Bruce or Steven and get a quote when you show up to get said part or service you should ask for them otherwise the rest of the people there will go by the "book" so to speak and give you that price opposed to your quoted price, in the end only bruce, Steven, or Bruce's wife bj are the only ones to my knowledge with any price altering authority.

Quick Reply: Hawks Third Gen - Ebay parts