Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Glaze/Sealant/Wasx for Pewter Metallic Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had excellent luck with Zaino. I did around 6 coats over a year ago on my dd truck that sits outside all year round and it still looks great and beads water like crazy.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Collinite or Swissvax
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

After he does a 3 step correction, I'd just do a nice sealant or wax to top it. Glazes are a waste of time and only fill swirls that's how it "enhances gloss", which you shouldn't have after a 3step correction.

Maintain it properly with a 2bucket wash with quality MF towels and you shouldn't have a lot of issues with swirls
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Location: From Massapequa, New York / Now in Southern California
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

"Z-PC Testimonial I was able to correct severely damaged paint by using Z-PC (by machine).
Traditionally you need to use several 'grades' of abrasives polishes to correct deep scratches and scars on the finish. This could mean using up to 3 different products (Compound, Swirl Mark Remover, and Finish polish). Z-PC did it all! I didn't have to deal with compound dust or deal with hard to wipe polish residue. Z-PC is easy on / easy off. At the end of the day, I'm after results. The high gloss, swirl free finish Z-PC produces is off the charts.

Another home run for the folks at Zaino!

Before Z-PC:

After Z-PC, and protecting the finish with Z5Pro and Clear Seal

Thanks,
Another Happy Customer
John M.
Bear, DE"

Last edited by 2000 WS6 Formula; 04-17-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I"m begining to think I may not need to have my paint corrected after looking at it again last night. The main areas where there is swirl marks and marring is on the hood, sail pannel and spoiler. I'm thinking about getting the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit.

1. ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
2. Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
3. Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
4. Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
5. Z-7™ Show Car Wash
6. Z-18™ ClayBar
7. Zaino Metallic Silver Decal
8. & TWO Zaino Custom Polish Applicator for FREE!

The Z-5 Pro states that it will take care of the fine swirl marks and fine scratches. Even if I buy this and it doesn't take them out, I'll still have a nice kit to use after I have it corrected.

Does anyone have any experience with the Z-5 Pro?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by egott_91
I have little experience with Zaino. My step-dad used it in the past but has since converted over to Adams. Based on the few products of theirs I have used, to me, they don't seem to be as user friendly as what I currently use. A lot of people like Zaino though.

Honestly, I don't have much experience with brands other than Adams. I started using Adams and it impressed me so I stuck with their products for a few reasons. 1) made in USA 2) 110% guarantee 3) ease of use 4) amazing customer service and 5) their products are pretty much idiot proof and designed for the novice detailer. I find that a lot of people find Adams overpriced, but I would much rather spend a couple dollars extra to receive amazing customer service and support an American company.

Like I mentioned earlier, do your research and find products that appear to satisfy your wants.

I saw this on Adam's website:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-515-a...r-wax-kit.aspx

This comes with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover. Have your, or anyone, used this, and does it work pretty good. Like I said, the swirl marks on my car are pretty faint.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Launching!

x1000 on the Zaino PC Fusion. I bought a used black '01 Z28 years ago that looked like it had been washed at the do it yourself wash using a brush that was previously used on a mudding truck and not rinsed out. Took it to a "pro" who couldn't get it all out. Used the PC Fusion by hand (after a Dawn wash and clay bar to undo the pro's work) and had it looking like glass. Followed up with the Z2.

Z5 will not remove anything. It has fillers to lessen the appearance of swirls and scratches.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I"m begining to think I may not need to have my paint corrected after looking at it again last night. The main areas where there is swirl marks and marring is on the hood, sail pannel and spoiler.
Those two statements contradict each other.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Those two statements contradict each other.
What I meant was not needing to pay to have someone correct it if I can do it myself using the above mentioned products.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSellers
x1000 on the Zaino PC Fusion. I bought a used black '01 Z28 years ago that looked like it had been washed at the do it yourself wash using a brush that was previously used on a mudding truck and not rinsed out. Took it to a "pro" who couldn't get it all out. Used the PC Fusion by hand (after a Dawn wash and clay bar to undo the pro's work) and had it looking like glass. Followed up with the Z2.

Z5 will not remove anything. It has fillers to lessen the appearance of swirls and scratches.
So you used the Zaino PC Fusion by hand and it worked that good?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Launching!

So you used the Zaino PC Fusion by hand and it worked that good?

Yes. Zaino has a good guide on their website. My car was worse than the pics in post 24.

Also it's not something you want to use all the time since it does remove clearcoat like any other pre cut. It has a "self diminishing abrasive" to keep you from doing damage but you're not supposed to use it several times on the same area.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw this on Adam's website:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-515-a...r-wax-kit.aspx

This comes with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover. Have your, or anyone, used this, and does it work pretty good. Like I said, the swirl marks on my car are pretty faint.
I'll tell you right now, no matter what product you use by hand, you are not going to remove swirl marks in a timely or non-exhausting fashion. You'll need the speed of a machine to remove them. However, if the swirls are only microswirls then you MIGHT achieve your desired results by polishing by hand.

Also, with LPM or SSM it's hard to see the swirling no matter what, therefore the swirls might acutally be worse than you are anticipating. How have you examined the paint for swirling? Sun? Halogen lights?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSellers
Yes. Zaino has a good guide on their website. My car was worse than the pics in post 24.

Also it's not something you want to use all the time since it does remove clearcoat like any other pre cut. It has a "self diminishing abrasive" to keep you from doing damage but you're not supposed to use it several times on the same area.
So does this stuff wipe on and off pretty easy? How did you apply it; in a straight line or in a swirl motion? I'll get back on their website and see if I can find the guide on how to use this stuff.

If that stuff is going to work, I think I'll buy the following and use it in that order:

1) Zaino PC Fusion
2) Zaino Z-2 Pro w/ Zaino ZFX
3) Zaino Z-6
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Launching!

So does this stuff wipe on and off pretty easy? How did you apply it; in a straight line or in a swirl motion? I'll get back on their website and see if I can find the guide on how to use this stuff.

If that stuff is going to work, I think I'll buy the following and use it in that order:

1) Zaino PC Fusion
2) Zaino Z-2 Pro w/ Zaino ZFX
3) Zaino Z-6

Just use the recommendations on the site for application. You'll be able to tell if what you're doing is working. It takes some work because essentiall you are sanding the clear down. It's not terrible but you might have a monkey claw for a little while when you're done. Certainly a machine would be easier but I don't trust myself with one. I could bend a crowbar with a wet noodle if you know the type.

Might want to consider doing Z5 with ZFX right after the PC Fusion, then following with Z2 with ZFX. That'll help hide anything you can't get out. BTW, the ZFX just lets you do multiple coats one after the other instead of waiting. Great for black cars but if you're just going to do one coat there's not a whole lot of need for it if you can wait a while between coats.

Zaino itself goes on super easy and comes off even easier. Plus it doesn't crap up plastics.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by egott_91
I'll tell you right now, no matter what product you use by hand, you are not going to remove swirl marks in a timely or non-exhausting fashion. You'll need the speed of a machine to remove them. However, if the swirls are only microswirls then you MIGHT achieve your desired results by polishing by hand.

Also, with LPM or SSM it's hard to see the swirling no matter what, therefore the swirls might acutally be worse than you are anticipating. How have you examined the paint for swirling? Sun? Halogen lights?
Yes, I can only see them under the Halogen lights in my garage. Under normal lighting conditions, you can't see them.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I find it hard to believe it corrects that good by hand and your going to overpay with Zaino. If you dont want to buy a PC and try it yourself, Id still bring it to whoever you planned on over buying that "kit". If the paint has minimal swirling like you describe, less time will be into it saving you money. You must not frequent this section often because your overlooking or ignoring advice from guys who do some damn good work correcting paint.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

So that zaino pc u used is basically a glaze and filled in the swirls?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

^sounds like it.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Launching!

No, PC it is not a filler. It is a cutting agent that sands away the scratches like any other pre cut. All the info is right there on the site if you want to take the time to read it.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=20
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

If you did it by hand it has fillers and sounds like a glaze. You won't remove swirls by hand you need a DA or machine to do that

Quick Reply: Best Glaze/Sealant/Wasx for Pewter Metallic Paint