Sponsored by: DashLynx

which springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which springs

Just wondering what springs I should run up front on my SS
It has pretty good weight transfer as it sits but its lost a bunch of weight off the front end(no AC, sway bar, bumper support, etc) and looks a little goofy with the front end higher than the back.
I don't want everyone to just say koni/strano, I'm not setup for that. I just want a nice drop in the front to maybe a little lower than it was stock. Different springs advertise the drop amount but I'm sure I'm quite a bit higher than stock in the front.
Anyone lose a bunch of **** off the front and put lowering springs on, I'd really like to see some examples and see if it kills weight transfer with a stiffer front spring
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

BMR offers a 1.25 inch lowering spring.

Eibach and sport line offer a 1.8-2.0 inch lowering spring.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoHope
BMR offers a 1.25 inch lowering spring.

Eibach and sport line offer a 1.8-2.0 inch lowering spring.
That's quoted from stock ride height
I just don't want to buy bmr or strano springs and it not drop it enough, and cause it to hook like **** BC the front can't transfer as well
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

you're not really being too specific as far as how low you're trying to go, and you've given no indication as to hw much you think it raised after the weight reduction.. pics would help. Are you trying to slam it, or just get back to where you were at stock height?

if you're cool with the way the stock springs are working for your set up and don't want to deal with changing that, you could always just go with BMR lowering A-arms which will drop it an 1" here

sounds like as much of a performance question as an appearance one, might be better to post this in the suspension section to get better responses for your specific goals
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 PM
8 Second Club

I'd like to run strange or qa1 coil overs but its just not in the budget right now.
I'm just looking for someone that has x springs on a setup like mine.
If I'm 3/4 an inch higher than stock right now, and I buy 1.2 in drop springs, I could potentially get almost no drop, and still jack up the weight transfer. Just looking for a happy medium,I'm sure someone has had the same situation...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
you're not really being too specific as far as how low you're trying to go, and you've given no indication as to hw much you think it raised after the weight reduction.. pics would help. Are you trying to slam it, or just get back to where you were at stock height?

if you're cool with the way the stock springs are working for your set up and don't want to deal with changing that, you could always just go with BMR lowering A-arms which will drop it an 1" here

sounds like as much of a performance question as an appearance one, might be better to post this in the suspension section to get better responses for your specific goals
Guess I could have been less vague...lol
I'd like a little lower than stock, maybe an inch, don't want it slammed at all. Its not quite 3/4 of an inch higher than it was stock. I'm not sure if the quoted drop amounts on most springs mean from any ride height or if mine being fairly light and higher would equal less of a drop.

I guess what I'm asking is there a spring with similar rates to the stockers, that would lower it maybe 1.6 or 1.7 inches from where it is now

Quick Reply: which springs