Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I Bought THE Superhawk Hood!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Bought THE Superhawk Hood!!!

Well this is my first time starting a thread here and what a way to start. I won THE Superhawk hood on eBay from Roger two days ago and I can't wait to see his work in person! It may be awhile before I can get it painted and installed on the car but as soon as that happens, I will post pics of it. To me this hood is the best one out there for our cars and I can't wait to see it! And all the prior posts about how nice and informative Roger is were right, he is absolutely very nice and professional all the way and responds to you pretty quickly even while out in his shop! And apparently I now officially hold the title for the cheapest Superhawk hood ever made by Roger!!! I'll keep everyone posted and up to date on the progress! And sorry for those wondering but I will not be selling my Firehawk hood as I will be keeping it still. Sorry!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:00 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Roger is a great guy. He's one of the few who had some hardships, and could have chosen to pack up shop and turn his back on people, but instead chose to dig himself out of the troubles he had and make right to his customers. That says a lot about his integrity as a business man and a human being.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger is a great guy and one of the most informative people to do business with I have ever dealt with. I have been talking to him over the past month and a half and he has answered every question and gave me step by step pics of the process of my order
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

please post pics as soon as you can bud good deal
Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should look awesome, post pics when installed
Old 05-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Launching!

He is a great guy. When I ordered mine I probably sent him a email every night asking different questions. He always responded quick, and answered everyone. I've had my hood on the car for a little over 2 years now with out paint, and it still looks great. I need to get off my *** and have it painted. Hope you enjoy yours. It definitely will get a lot of looks driving down the road.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't get the "THE" aspect. is there something significant about this one in particular? like the last one he'll make? or the only one that happened to be on ebay at the time?

either way though, nice pickup. love the hood
Old 05-19-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm guessing he ment it was an actual hood from Roger and not the shitty knockoff made by the other eBay company
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been in contact with Roger over the last year. I had a major issue with the gel coat on my WS9 Outlaw hood in 2006 when he disappeared. It cost me many man hours and money to make look good. In order to make things right he has dug that mold deep out of storage, repaired it, prototyped a hood for fitment and is now in the process of building me the one that will be shipped...all at his expense. He usually responds within a week and is very genuine and not short on words.

BTW, he said he buffed out the molds with the wrong glaze and fused some parts together on both the Outlaw and the Superhawk. He's been busting *** to make orders after that mess.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i don't get the "THE" aspect. is there something significant about this one in particular? like the last one he'll make? or the only one that happened to be on ebay at the time?

either way though, nice pickup. love the hood
How dare you!

This hood is no longer mass produced. Roger's got a few remaining and every now n then you'll see them on eBay. Very rare!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
I'm guessing he ment it was an actual hood from Roger and not the shitty knockoff made by the other eBay company
Yeah, this was exactly what I was referring to...the hood by Roger and not the cheap knockoff they sell on eBay.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Very jealous! Cant wait to see the pics
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So you are planning on using this new SuperHawk hood on your Firehawk car, right?
You'd better go buy a replacement front bumper too while you're at it.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
So you are planning on using this new SuperHawk hood on your Firehawk car, right?
You'd better go buy a replacement front bumper too while you're at it.
Yup that's right, I'm on the hunt for a stock Trans Am bumper now. I'll have to see what kind of a deal I can get on one and if feasible to get right now. One of the reasons it'll be a while before the hood is painted and put on the car. Hopefully not TOO far down the road though, maybe a couple months or so.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Teching In

I ordered my superhawk hood a week ago. Cant wait to get it in the mail and bolt it up!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

I just spoke with Roger tonight, and I have been reading all of your comments about him.
I have to replace our regular SLP hood on our Firehawk, and I spoke with Roger for over 30mins. Seems like a real nice guy, and I am hoping that he is good on his word on producing our new hood.
I got kind of leery when he said that he didn't accept paypal, nor would he give me his email address through Ebay, but reading all of your posts here, I feel confident in sending him the money to start on ours.
Thanks everyone!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HerHawk
I just spoke with Roger tonight, and I have been reading all of your comments about him.
I have to replace our regular SLP hood on our Firehawk, and I spoke with Roger for over 30mins. Seems like a real nice guy, and I am hoping that he is good on his word on producing our new hood.
I got kind of leery when he said that he didn't accept paypal, nor would he give me his email address through Ebay, but reading all of your posts here, I feel confident in sending him the money to start on ours.
Thanks everyone!
You talked to him for 30 minutes but wouldn't give you his email address, why is that?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Staging Lane

When I first contacted him it was through Ebay, messages. I had told him I had a few questions and that I would like to speak with him first.
He gave me his number, I called, left a message, and then he called back about an hour later.
He seems to be a very pleasant man, and I asked him to just message me back on Ebay with his email address, and he said that he preferred not to give out that information through Ebay.
I found it odd too, so, I wrote the email address down instead, while I was on the phone. I just wanted it in my Ebay messages so that I would not lose it, like I lose so many other emails when written down, lol.
Nevertheless, I spoke with my husband about getting the new hood and we will be purchasing it sometime next week.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HerHawk
Thanks everyone!
Yeah I know what you mean about the PayPal thing...but as far as the email through eBay goes, I may be wrong but I think they don't want you giving out email addresses, frown upon it I should say, and want you to message through eBay for protection? I had no problem paying him through the service he uses, once I told my credit card company to stop declining the payment since they thought it could be potential fraud along with a couple other transactions they were watching on my card lol. So if you KNOW FOR SURE that you aren't over your limit like I knew (had just paid off the week before online) and keep getting a declined message from the service Roger uses, then try your card company to see if they were doing it. Can't remember what it was completely, but it's a different payee name and has usexotics in it so maybe they thought it to be suspicious since it isn't anything like my normal purchases! Lol, talked to Roger yesterday too about mine and he finished repairing the mold and back on my hood and trying to get orders out! Good luck with yours!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Teching In

My hood will be here monday. Roger is an awesome guy and will not let the hood leave without its being flawless!

Quick Reply: I Bought THE Superhawk Hood!!!