Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help Me Find A Paint Correction/Polish Kit w/ Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by egott_91
If the car never sees any type of inclement weather, then a sealant really isn't necessary. A good wax will give you enough protection for what weather the car does see.
I have Mothers Carnuba at home, would you recommend just using that? I know a lot of people spend a ton of money on all these fancy waxes, but are they really that much better than what you can buy over the counter?

Is there any type of wax or glaze that would be really good for Pewter? It's hard to make that color really stand out.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I have Mothers Carnuba at home, would you recommend just using that? I know a lot of people spend a ton of money on all these fancy waxes, but are they really that much better than what you can buy over the counter?

Is there any type of wax or glaze that would be really good for Pewter? It's hard to make that color really stand out.
Do you prefer liquid or paste?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check out Poorboy's white diamond glaze and natty's red paste wax
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do you prefer liquid or paste?
Well, liquid would be my prefferance, as the Mothers Carnuba I have is a real pain in the *** to remove once it cures. Is there any difference in regards to the "deep shine" you get between a liquid or paste? If a paste wax is going to give me a better glossy finish, then I can deal with it being harder to remove.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, liquid would be my prefferance, as the Mothers Carnuba I have is a real pain in the *** to remove once it cures. Is there any difference in regards to the "deep shine" you get between a liquid or paste? If a paste wax is going to give me a better glossy finish, then I can deal with it being harder to remove.
Personally, I prefer paste. I think they provide more depth and gloss, but that's me. I don't even touch the liquid wax I have anymore.

With paste wax you only want to wax one or two panels at a time then remove.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Personally, I prefer paste. I think they provide more depth and gloss, but that's me. I don't even touch the liquid wax I have anymore.

With paste wax you only want to wax one or two panels at a time then remove.
What paste wax would you personally use on a Pewter colored car?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Blackfire Wet Diamond
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-we...d-sealant.html
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

What paste wax would you personally use on a Pewter colored car?
I've never messed with a pewter car, so I can't say.

I use Adam's Americana paste wax. A little goes a long way. I haven't messed around with a lot of waxes. I used Americana, worked great, so I stuck with it. Before that I always used Meg's NXT 2.0 (liquid) or Mothers cleaner wax. Americana tops both of those easily in my book. Heck, even Adam's Buttery Wax tops those. I have done probably ~10 applications with the Americana and it doesn't look like I've put a dent in the tub of wax.

It's really all personal preference with detailing products. Some like an OTC liquid wax some like a $600 paste wax.

Mentioned above my post was black fire wet diamond. That's a sealant, but I've heard great things about it. Haven't had a chance to try it.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

There's one of the biggest differences between a premium Paste Wax and some OTC stuff.

Our Americana goes on easy and comes off easy, but you only want to do 1-2 panels at a time before you remove the residue. Paste Wax getting hard if you let it set up too long is the nature of the beast, but that also correlates directly into the amount of protection you're getting from it.

Also, out 6.9oz pot of Americana will do your car about 50 times, so it's just over $1 per application and it includes an applicator.

If you want to make that Pewter pop, throw down a coat of our Brilliant Glaze first. Then top it with a coat of wax to lock the glaze in.

The Brilliant Glaze/Americana combo is known as "The FaceMelter" and for good reason!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've never messed with a pewter car, so I can't say.

I use Adam's Americana paste wax. A little goes a long way. I haven't messed around with a lot of waxes. I used Americana, worked great, so I stuck with it. Before that I always used Meg's NXT 2.0 (liquid) or Mothers cleaner wax. Americana tops both of those easily in my book. Heck, even Adam's Buttery Wax tops those. I have done probably ~10 applications with the Americana and it doesn't look like I've put a dent in the tub of wax.

It's really all personal preference with detailing products. Some like an OTC liquid wax some like a $600 paste wax.

Mentioned above my post was black fire wet diamond. That's a sealant, but I've heard great things about it. Haven't had a chance to try it.
Do you apply the Adam's Americana by hand, or with your DA?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you apply the Adam's Americana by hand, or with your DA?
It's a paste wax so definitely by hand. You COULD pop the wax out of the tub and spread it on a pad for a DA, but that's more work than it is just to apply it by hand.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Went ahead and ordered the Brilliant Glaz/Americana Wax w/ hex applicator to go along with the Adam's 2 stage polish/pad kit.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the help guys. Went ahead and ordered the Brilliant Glaz/Americana Wax w/ hex applicator to go along with the Adam's 2 stage polish/pad kit.
I think you're going to be very happy with the outcome.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
Why 5" over 6"?
Focuses on a smaller area for better results and on some machines 6" can be too much for the power.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think you're going to be very happy with the outcome.
Looking forward to get all the things I ordered in. I'm going to take tons of before and after pictures and try to capture the paint correction the best I can. I'm a little nervous because I've never done anything like this before, but before I start, I'm going to watch several of the videos posted on Youtube to help guide me throughout the process.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was nervous at first, but after one panel you'll be perfectly fine. I'm still nervous about trying to use a rotary. With a DA it would be hard to hurt anything though.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Junkman says the only way you can hurt paint with a PC is to flip it over with the pad up and then buff. LOL
Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you made the right move going with all Adams products. It is expensive but so easy to work with and remove, and smells great to boot. As they say, you pay for what you get... Lol. Adams fan for life here.

Quick Reply: Help Me Find A Paint Correction/Polish Kit w/ Pads