Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black SS new MAACO paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Accord I had before I got my firebird was originally the dark green color but the clear was pealing so the PO took it to Maaco for a paint job and had it done in single stage black and even paid an extra 100 bucks (ontop of the "normal" paint job costs, actual separate cost on the bill) to have the car "prepped" and they IMHO did a **** poor job, they basically just sanded the edges where the clear was pealing before spraying the single stage over top, sure from 20 feet the car looked great but when you got up on it you could see how crappy a job was done, I say if your gonna send it to them do all the prep work first and preferably remove all the lights (they just tape them off and you will get overspray all over the place) and then in less then the 2 year mark (FYI the warranty doesn't transfer to the new owner) a bubble formed on the hood and began chipping away, so I taped off and sanded the spot down and primed it to prevent its spreading.

As for the OP, looks like orange peel on the sail panel, the rest looks decent.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Maaco down the street from my shop and they do pretty good work, it depends on the Maaco.

Quick Reply: Black SS new MAACO paintjob