Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bolt-in shorty antenna SOLUTION for Firebird/Formula/TransAm owners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013 | 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Only thing keeping me from buy a bit viper is every pic I see of them they appear to be slightly bent, including that one^^
I don't think its actually bent. I think the line of the high rise spoiler makes it appear bent (like an optical illusion). At least that's what it looks like in the pic.
Old 12-16-2013 | 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Only thing keeping me from buy a bit viper is every pic I see of them they appear to be slightly bent, including that one^^
It does have a VERY slight curve to it, which I orientated in the direction of the wind. Doesn't bother me though. I think prolong highway driving would give it a slight curve anyways.

Chris,
Old 05-27-2014 | 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChrisSingh90
Did alot of research on converting my Trans Am from power to non-power antenna. All the diagrams I saw online showed the old style with the nut and washer that goes on top, like this:

Those parts are INCORRECT and requires you to buy more parts than you need! The correct bracket doesn't need to be drilled like I see alot of people say it needs to. The bracket I saw in the older threads is overall LONGER than the stock power antenna assembly (Hence the need for drilling it to bolt it in). This correct bracket is the same length as the power antenna assembly, and is why it's bolt-in. I believe the Camaro non-power antenna bracket is longer than the firebird ones, I just wanted to post this to show firebird owners that there is one made for our cars that's bolt in.

The correct part number for TA/Firebird/Formula owners is 10425535. Googling this number comes up with nothing, and leads me to believe it's either a new part, and/or it supercedes the older brackets.

Here's pics of my install. The top of the bracket is rounded where it goes inside the rubber on the fender, which means it's held on the same way the factory power antenna one is. I didn't get a pic of this, but if people want I will pull it out and put it next to my factory power antenna assembly so you can see it's the same length and fits inside the rubber bushing in the fender just like stock.

Here's pics of mine installed.

This is the diagram I got from my dealer. It's the same diagram for Firebirds and Camaro's, but the part number for the brackets themselves are different between the two cars. And like I said, the Camaro bracket is discontinued. Also note in this picture how there's to nuts or washers, it's just the mast (1), Rubber bushing (2), and antenna bracket (3). See how the top of #3 is just expanded so it sits tight in #2, that's what I was talking about earlier.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to convert from power antenna to non-power. All you need is this bracket, and a screw on antenna of your choise and you're done!

Now for you Camaro guys, did Camaro's have power antenna? I called for the part number for Camaro's, but it's discontinued.

Chris,

A big shout out to Chris! I did this 'mod' this past weekend, new bracket 10425535 bolted right in, screwed on the Pilot Stubby Antenna ANT-009. Thanks Chris!
Old 06-09-2017 | 08:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but I am done trying to get my power antenna to work, and want to switch to a standard, fixed antenna, but cant find that bracket.

Anyone have a new number to search?
Old 06-09-2017 | 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but I am done trying to get my power antenna to work, and want to switch to a standard, fixed antenna, but cant find that bracket.

I don't have a new number to search but there are two firebirds in the local self service yard. I could go look and see if one of them still has the bracket. That's where I got mine back when I switched over. I can't make it this weekend but could go during the week next week.
Old 06-09-2017 | 08:38 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

no luck on a good part number but I think you could make this one work youd just need to antenna plug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-1996-CA...Kiw7BA&vxp=mtr

found a link that doesnt say not longer availible

http://parts.royaloakschevy.com/p/Ch...wd=&origin=pla
Old 06-09-2017 | 10:34 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
I don't have a new number to search but there are two firebirds in the local self service yard. I could go look and see if one of them still has the bracket. That's where I got mine back when I switched over. I can't make it this weekend but could go during the week next week.
That would be great if you could do that.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2017 | 11:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I think this is the correct one for Firebirds.

http://parts.royaloakschevy.com/p/BR.../10425535.html
Old 06-09-2017 | 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

I thought the part number was for camaro's and that power antenna was standard on pontiac's?
Old 06-12-2017 | 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

In to see if this is the right one you posted alchemist
Old 06-18-2017 | 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

That would be great if you could do that.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a good bracket. Only the 93-97 birds still had theirs and it's an entirely different style of bracket. The yard did say it would have only been like $6 had they had one. Might be worth a look to see if there are any near you.
Old 06-19-2017 | 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

I did the swap back in January 2014 for my WS6. I found my old invoice and #10425535 was the correct part number for firebirds. I ordered mine from GMPartsNow.com which now says discontinued. If you are able to get it from this dealer link you posted, it is the correct one. If they still have it in stock grab it!
Old 06-19-2017 | 12:19 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Yeah, I grabbed the Camaro one from Rock Auto I think.

And used the UMI short antenna. Looks good.
Old 06-19-2017 | 05:03 PM
Teching In

Default non-powered antenna bracket

Looks like I'm a bit late to this party. Just went to swap out the dead powered antenna with a shortie...didn't buy a new mast bracket. Hilarity ensued.

Parts:
#10425535- Pontiac Firebird Bracket- Discontinued
#10282649- Chevy Camero Bracket - Discontinued

-Can you find one of the Pontiac brackets in a donor car? I assume not because they came stock with the powered antenna.

-Looks like my only option would be to find the Camero bracket at a boneyard or put up a WTB post.
Old 06-20-2017 | 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

I just ordered one. Hoping it's the right one
Old 06-20-2017 | 12:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
I just ordered one. Hoping it's the right one
Yeah, I did too. Sadly, within a few minutes they wrote me saying they're refunding because it's discontinued.
Old 06-20-2017 | 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stoosh
Yeah, I did too. Sadly, within a few minutes they wrote me saying they're refunding because it's discontinued.
Yup. Was just logging back in to post this. Emailed me right back as well saying it is unavailable.
Old 06-20-2017 | 12:36 PM
Teching In

Boneyard it is! Thanks for the response though. Good luck!
Old 06-29-2017 | 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Talk about back from the dead!

I have the 10425535 bracket and BitViper antenna in a box somewhere in my garage, I had the antenna completely deleted last time my car was in the body shop.

I'll take a look for it today, if I find it, I'll definitely sell it for anyone who's interested. Sucks to see they discontinued this part.

Chris,
Old 06-30-2017 | 06:35 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Once you get the antenna, just cut it down to 8 inches or so, take the ball off the top, and glue it on the shortened part. Looks much better.

Quick Reply: Bolt-in shorty antenna SOLUTION for Firebird/Formula/TransAm owners.