Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

overhead console in 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want one too. i think i'll go find a woman-owned (wrecked) GMC truck and force its interior into my f-body
Old 11-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Teching In

lol it actually looks pretty good at least i like it and to the other dude is that really necessary to attempt to flame me on a forum? if that is what makes you feel even better about life than so be it but i will continue to use my bad punctuation now grammar however that is spot on... js
Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not flaming.

I'm stating that if you typed coherently instead of posting word-vomit, you'd probably get more responses. Most people won't even attempt to decipher that ****.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by roninsonic
I'm not flaming.

I'm stating that if you typed coherently instead of posting word-vomit, you'd probably get more responses. Most people won't even attempt to decipher that ****.
Put it this way, I'm enjoying his posts more than yours. Cut the **** or leave.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MarkOfCaine
btw on closer inspection of the pictures it is a 3rd gen with 4th gen interior the shots of the bare roof dont match and the headliner already has a big hole where the 3rd gen dome light fit so i think i truly am the first person to do this! at least i wanna feel special and say i am
No - it is a 4th Gen Camaro.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appe...-95-z28-22410/
Old 11-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Teching In

either way guys, i completed it honestly it was super easy. and for those that want to install a 3rd gen overhead console... ill eventually do a write up i am a lover of f-bodies. as im sure each and everyone here is. so rather than focus on my horrible grammar lets try to proactively contribute towards our fellow enthusiasts. with that said, i first did my t-top mod which came out pretty awesome so using an old headliner i found at the local pick-a-part i stripped it than went to an upholstery shop and bought enough fabric and spray to reupholster but before hand i cut a template using cardboard and a pen to make markings and a box cutter i used that as a guide to cut the holes into the headliner board it cuts super easy as it seems to be made up of composite foam or something finally using an ice pick i grabbed another piece of cardboard measured to the size of the console i poked holes in the cardboard as reference points to drill my holes using a 1/8th bit finally i marked my holes started drilling in carefully and when finished screwed in the anchor bolts that the console slides in also i took a dremel and cut a small gap on the roof sheet metal to make way for the map light bulb holder for the bulbs i used a 12x smd led size 561 for the dome light and for the map light i used a cree led t10 194 bulb i drilled a hole for the ground and quick spliced the two remaining wires on the blue white striped wire finally i used electrical tape to tape off any metal contacts that may come in contact with the body as to not short it out or destroy your ride and installed by sliding the whole console up in a test fit reinstalled the headliner and then finally installed the overhead console and screwed in the rear dome light screws now that being said i did use the flatter console as it fits the contours of the roof better and also went with the 3 wire console as opposed to the 4 wire because it was kinda a pain to figure out what to splice total cost of the console 75 dollars pieced through ebay led dome light 7.50 led map light 5.83 drill bits 2.00 so this install was done in under $100 dollars
Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Teching In

and ill be damned i think you're right... well it was fun claiming i was the first ever in the world to do it oh well

Quick Reply: overhead console in 4th gen