Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fill in exhaust slots on Ws6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
there's a member who who makes/sells brackets to mount the tips. If you're interested I can send you his info
I want this too.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

that photoshop'd bumper looks awful, I'd never do that in a million years.

Not sure if i'll do dummy tips or not, but I have nothing against them.

For me, it really just depends on whether or not I feel like spending that extra money on the exhaust to have the true dual setup ran over the axle and out the back. The real reality is that no one will ever know they are dummies, and even if they do know, I personally could care less.. just like I could careless if one thinks i'm faking the WS6 look because of the hood, I'll be the first to tell someone it's not a ws6.. dummy tips simply give you 1) the looks you want 2) the dumped exhaust you want 3) cheaper overall cost, by hundreds of dollars, and as an added benefit.. 4) exhaust tips that don't get nearly as dirty as they would normally

But don't get me wrong, generally speaking I would take a normal/ legit setup over dummy tips any day. the Trans am is just one of those cases where you are absolutely forced to have exhaust tips due to the bumpers design, which is an issue when you want to run a true dual setup and don't want to spend the money to have the tips ran out the back.. and tip-less t/a bumpers look stupid to me, so i'd never go dumped and leave the bumper alone. My car is a 215k+ workhorse/DD car that gets used like a pick up truck with all the **** I carry for shoots lol. not sure if I care to spend say 500+ extra to have the exhaust ran out the back...

Originally Posted by Guitar
I want this too.
PM sent
Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the PS'd pic looks terrible, would it be better with the CETA mod???
Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly don't think the stock bumper looks bad without tips if it has the ceta mod. The black kinda runs the whole area together and helps hide the fact that there isn't anything taking up space in the holes.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

just add small diffusers in the exhaust holes and continue it under the center of the bumper (albeit making them smaller under the license plate so its even with the others)

paint it black and there ya go...
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that photoshop'd bumper looks awful

I thought my photo-shop was done well. Oh well.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MeenZ28

I thought my photo-shop was done well. Oh well.
lol. the quality of your photoshop job was great. I'm saying it would look horrible if someone did that to their bumper.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the look of no tips on a T/A, I currently have corsa closes, but when I had my duals dumped, I though it looked cool... oh well. ill probably end up going back to no tips
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Launching!

that photoshop'd bumper looks awful, I'd never do that in a million years.

Not sure if i'll do dummy tips or not, but I have nothing against them.

For me, it really just depends on whether or not I feel like spending that extra money on the exhaust to have the true dual setup ran over the axle and out the back. The real reality is that no one will ever know they are dummies, and even if they do know, I personally could care less.. just like I could careless if one thinks i'm faking the WS6 look because of the hood, I'll be the first to tell someone it's not a ws6.. dummy tips simply give you 1) the looks you want 2) the dumped exhaust you want 3) cheaper overall cost, by hundreds of dollars, and as an added benefit.. 4) exhaust tips that don't get nearly as dirty as they would normally

But don't get me wrong, generally speaking I would take a normal/ legit setup over dummy tips any day. the Trans am is just one of those cases where you are absolutely forced to have exhaust tips due to the bumpers design, which is an issue when you want to run a true dual setup and don't want to spend the money to have the tips ran out the back.. and tip-less t/a bumpers look stupid to me, so i'd never go dumped and leave the bumper alone. My car is a 215k+ workhorse/DD car that gets used like a pick up truck with all the **** I carry for shoots lol. not sure if I care to spend say 500+ extra to have the exhaust ran out the back...

PM sent

Money isn't the issue with running true duals all the way back it's the 3 inch pipes I don't want to have to reduce down to 2.5 inch.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Also I've emailed with 6LE to see if they can do something. I really like their rear bumper with the diffusers built in so I'm hoping they can build one with out exhaust holes. That to me would be perfect.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
that looks like crap, do the diffuser thing if anything, the dummy dips can look good but as soon as you crank the car people will know there fake (especially in the winter time) and there's nothing worse then fake crap on a car.
this guy hit the nail
Old 09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Launching!

What about this bumper with the exhaust holes filled in? It would be really easy to do on this one as the holes are so small.
Attached Thumbnails Fill in exhaust slots on Ws6?-rear-bumper-cover.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

^Very importish... in a bad way. Formula bumper over that any day.

Originally Posted by Ws6power1
Money isn't the issue with running true duals all the way back it's the 3 inch pipes I don't want to have to reduce down to 2.5 inch.
pretty sure I've seen 3" ran out the back. it was a custom setup, from the shop i'd like to go to if I go that route.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 09-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

better hurry if you plan on gettin anything from 6LE, they're going out.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Launching!

T/As should have two tips back there, the way God made them

I second the guy who said to piece a camaro's bumper with a T/A's. That might look good.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by homerz28
T/As should have two tips back there, the way God made them

I second the guy who said to piece a camaro's bumper with a T/A's. That might look good.
Actually my Ws6 only came with one exhaust pipe lol. That's how 98's were made so I've always had one empty slot.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Actually my Ws6 only came with one exhaust pipe lol. That's how 98's were made so I've always had one empty slot.
must have been an option? pretty sure my car/exhaust was all stock and it had tips out both sides.
Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
the dummy dips can look good but as soon as you crank the car people will know there fake (especially in the winter time)
running open cutouts?

3" setup from the shop I'll go to if I can set aside enough $$ to fund it.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 09-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

must have been an option? pretty sure my car/exhaust was all stock and it had tips out both sides.
Only 98 WS6 models had the single tip
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

I don't understand the need or want to run dumps, but have dummy exhaust tips? Just run it all the way back to the tips? Make it usable? It's not going to really mess with sound at all, won't make it drone anymore than it already will with the dumps.

Dumping the exhaust under the car will just cause any dirt/dust to fly up all over the car on start-ups.

I just think it would be a lot less of a headache and issue to run the pipes all the way back to the tips and call it a day.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
Only 98 WS6 models had the single tip
gotcha. thanks
Originally Posted by Screamin_99
I don't understand the need or want to run dumps, but have dummy exhaust tips? Just run it all the way back to the tips? Make it usable? It's not going to really mess with sound at all, won't make it drone anymore than it already will with the dumps.

Dumping the exhaust under the car will just cause any dirt/dust to fly up all over the car on start-ups.

I just think it would be a lot less of a headache and issue to run the pipes all the way back to the tips and call it a day.
reading the thread would have answered that. lol. that setup I pictured isn't exactly cheap... custom 3" all the way back, mandrel bends, tucked nicely..

a dumped setup is waaaaaaaaaaayyyy cheaper. It's also very cheap to make your own brackets for dummy tips, or you can buy them ready made for a little extra. Overall cost is well over a grand cheaper... easier to understand?

the other alternative, running dumps and just swapping to the formy rear end, is also a lot more expensive. You have to buy the bumper, and then get it painted to match

..just depends on how much you feel like spending to get the exhaust you want and maintain the looks you want. For me, running dumps is a simple, cheaper route. but i would never have the T/A bumper without tips.. don't like the look at all. that's the only reason i'd do dummy tips

Last edited by crimson_bird; 09-05-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Fill in exhaust slots on Ws6?