Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans-formula

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
more pics.

put my drag set-up from the SS on the Trans-Formula just see what it would look. yes or no?
Attached Thumbnails Trans-formula-dscn2701.jpg   Trans-formula-dscn2708.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
put my drag set-up from the SS on the Trans-Formula just see what it would look. yes or no?
NO, but only because I've never cared for how these cars look in drag to start with.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Drag or no, in every aspect where they differ, I prefer the Formula styling to the Trans Am. That being said, the thing about the Formula bumper with side skirts and T/A rear bumper is that it doesn't match them. I think it'd look better w/o the skirts and with the regular Formula rear bumper.

And for the record, I've owned two LT1 Formula hardtops and I'd never go back after owning a t-top car. Nothing like it on a nice day. But different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

i did the bumper swap from the formula to the stock ta recently but have to admit this looks good, where did you find the side skirts i cant find them to save my life lol thats the only thing i am missing
Old 11-10-2014, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Drag or no, in every aspect where they differ, I prefer the Formula styling to the Trans Am. That being said, the thing about the Formula bumper with side skirts and T/A rear bumper is that it doesn't match them. I think it'd look better w/o the skirts and with the regular Formula rear bumper.

And for the record, I've owned two LT1 Formula hardtops and I'd never go back after owning a t-top car. Nothing like it on a nice day. But different strokes for different folks.
I'm the opposite, I think the T/A rear belongs on ALL the birds. I've yet to add the side skirts but with the superhawk hood up front the T/A rear is a nice balance. I'll agree the formula front needs a small flare out like the T/A front does to help it go with the side skirts but overall still looks good.

for the record, if you don't remember or didn't see my thread, the rear hatch is red and the rear bumper is blue with pealing clear, so till such time as I can afford a proper paint job, I have plasti-dipped the rear end of the car.
Attached Thumbnails Trans-formula-0920141654a.jpg  

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 11-10-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Trans-formula