Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tree Sap Removal and Holograms

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tree Sap Removal and Holograms

Fellas I applied meguiars 205, clay bar and I still have some build up with a few holograms on my black paint. What can I do to get rid of these small eye sores? Will the megs 105 be a better choice and apply it with my pc?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
Fellas I applied meguiars 205, clay bar and I still have some build up with a few holograms on my black paint. What can I do to get rid of these small eye sores? Will the megs 105 be a better choice and apply it with my pc?
If the clay bar did not do the trick you will need to use compound and a buffer then swirl remove it and then wax it. Black is really hard to do as you do not want to get swirl marks. Just do it patientaly and your good to go. Its a bummer the clay bar did not do the trick. Use professional 3m compound its the white color kind in a purple bottle. It is expensive but it is perfect for black cars trust me I know I have done my share over the years.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

A clay bar will not remove holograms or any other paint defects, just above surface bonded contaminants.

Are the holograms on the T/A or the C6? F body paint is normally hard and vette paint is normally harder than that. M205 probably isn't going to be aggressive enough to remove the holograms.

What pad and machine are you using? Have you ever done any paint correction before? I'm just trying to gauge what experience level you are at.

I love correcting black vehicles. I think the last four or five vehicles I've done were black. A lot of people don't like doing black vehicles because it shows how good their work isn't.

Quick Reply: Tree Sap Removal and Holograms