Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

2001 SS Camaro Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 SS Camaro Seats

My Driver side seat has a tear in it and I'm looking into getting either an entire seat replacement or just a seat cover(color is dark ebony leather). Everywhere I look the covers/seats are only sold in whole sets. Anyone know where I can purchase one separately?

Side note: I found this on ebay, it says its the passenger side upper body part of the seat but I need it for my driver side, would it work just the same?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-02-Camaro-Front-Upper-Ebony-Gray-leather-Seat-Cover-/250766017449?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a62d1c3a9&vxp=mtr
Old 09-24-2013, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Also is that the average price I should expect?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Teching In

That seat cover piece on ebay would not work, the holes for the seatbelt guide would be on the wrong side of the headrest. I am in the same boat as you exactly, but I was considering just having the upholstery shop in town replace the one panel that is bad on my seat. Unless a new cover is indeed available on its own........
Old 09-25-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 152 Posts

Yep, I had my local upholstery shop patch a tear in my leather seat for $100 and you can't tell it was ever torn.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 79ChevyGuy
That seat cover piece on ebay would not work, the holes for the seatbelt guide would be on the wrong side of the headrest. I am in the same boat as you exactly, but I was considering just having the upholstery shop in town replace the one panel that is bad on my seat. Unless a new cover is indeed available on its own........
Didn't even think of that. Looks like I need to go find myself an upholstery shop.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sscamaro22
My Driver side seat has a tear in it and I'm looking into getting either an entire seat replacement or just a seat cover(color is dark ebony leather). Everywhere I look the covers/seats are only sold in whole sets. Anyone know where I can purchase one separately?

Side note: I found this on ebay, it says its the passenger side upper body part of the seat but I need it for my driver side, would it work just the same?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-02-Camaro-Front-Upper-Ebony-Gray-leather-Seat-Cover-/250766017449?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a62d1c3a9&vxp=mtr
I sell upholstery and I can tell you they are all sold in sets.Reason is that the new cover will not match the old one due to dye lots of the leather.They do not wan any returns or charge backs due to customers not liking that they do not match.Also currently there is no reproduction covers available for 98-02.you need to go to an upholstery shop.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6man29
I sell upholstery and I can tell you they are all sold in sets.Reason is that the new cover will not match the old one due to dye lots of the leather.They do not wan any returns or charge backs due to customers not liking that they do not match.Also currently there is no reproduction covers available for 98-02.you need to go to an upholstery shop.
Not sure what you meant by that, as there IS reproduction seat upholstery available for our cars. I was just looking at it, at a major restoration supplier. I'm not sure if I should say the name here though due to sponsor issues or w/e. I do agree about the part on the dye not matching, it'd be a case by case basis.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 79ChevyGuy
Not sure what you meant by that, as there IS reproduction seat upholstery available for our cars. I was just looking at it, at a major restoration supplier. I'm not sure if I should say the name here though due to sponsor issues or w/e. I do agree about the part on the dye not matching, it'd be a case by case basis.
Not sure where you are looking but all the big names do not offer it. Maybe someone on the web is im sure. I have access to tons of manufactures and have never seen 98-02 seat covers or even seat foam.There is 93-97 available in seat covers and foam though. If you see some online just inquire and ask questions.Most people do not want one new cover and a old one next to it as it defeats the purpose of what you are trying to do.Also dye lots are different on every production run. I have seen arm rest made one year ago not match something made two months ago.same goes for seat covers and door panels and so fourth

Quick Reply: 2001 SS Camaro Seats