Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: What Route For My Car?
Keep everything the way it sits now
0%
Black overlays
20.00%
Chrome overlays
50.00%
Tint tail lights, turn signals, fog lights and side markers
30.00%
Tint tail lights only
10.00%
RPM 505 Chrome Face
40.00%
RPM 505 Hyper Silver Face
20.00%
Keep black hood stripe
60.00%
Remove after painting
10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Need Help For Appearance Mods For My Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help For Appearance Mods For My Car

I am having a little bit of a dilemma. Currently as the car sits I have black overlays on everything and will have to replace some of them because they are starting to come off. I saw a SOM T/A with chrome overlays and I really liked the way it looked compared to the black overlays that I currently have. Other appearance mods that will be done are darker window tint, tails blacked out (maybe tint all lights including fogs, turn signals, side markers?), and RPM 505 rims in either hyper silver face or chrome face (undecided). I have the stripe on the hood for now because a previous owner had a pin stripe on it that made the paint look funny so it is covered up with the black stripes until a repaint down the road. I have made multiple selections as I have several options to go with so just looking for some input.

My car currently

SOM with chrome overlays

RPM 505's with Hypersilver Face (sorry the picture is huge)

RPM 505's with chrome face on red car

Pick 1 if you like it the way it is
Pick an option between 2 or 3
Pick an option between 4 or 5
Pick an option between 6 or 7
Pick an option between 8 or 9

Hopefully it all makes sense
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

first CETA mod and new tips, single tips on each side suck on T/A's. keep with black or gunmetal or any dark accent, please no chrome, chrome is to played out.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be getting the Corsa clones when I do the rest of the exhaust. I also looked into the CETA mod and will probably have that done when the rest of the car gets painted.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Go with some emblem pro's letters. You can't go wrong with them. I have the stailness steel one's with the etched centers. They also have them in black stainless. Or you could go with one of their other rear letters acrylic or composite. You can't go wrong with either black or chrome. I personally like chrome/silver on SOM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Guz
Go with some emblem pro's letters. You can't go wrong with them. I have the stailness steel one's with the etched centers. They also have them in black stainless. Or you could go with one of their other rear letters acrylic or composite. You can't go wrong with either black or chrome. I personally like chrome/silver on SOM.
Thanks for the info and input!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
first CETA mod and new tips, single tips on each side suck on T/A's. keep with black or gunmetal or any dark accent, please no chrome, chrome is to played out.
this guy nailed it
Old 10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just yanked exhaust off the other day and slapped on a Loudmouth 1 and some 4" Corsa Clones. I honestly thought I loved my car before... But damn, I can't even walk by the window without looking at it haha

Also, I know they are slightly crooked. I wanted to send it through a few heat cycles and let it settle to make any final adjustments!

www.ssclones.com has them for a pretty damn good price, just a heads up
Attached Thumbnails Need Help For Appearance Mods For My Car-img_20130930_192917.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
I just yanked exhaust off the other day and slapped on a Loudmouth 1 and some 4" Corsa Clones. I honestly thought I loved my car before... But damn, I can't even walk by the window without looking at it haha

Also, I know they are slightly crooked. I wanted to send it through a few heat cycles and let it settle to make any final adjustments!

www.ssclones.com has them for a pretty damn good price, just a heads up
Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do what you like, not what others recommend. At the end of the day and rest of time for that matter you are the one looking at your car daily and driving it.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam on that ssclones they have a sweet stainless lids, with n2o holes, dam wish I'd have found those sooner
Old 10-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Skraight
Do what you like, not what others recommend. At the end of the day and rest of time for that matter you are the one looking at your car daily and driving it.
^ Completely agree with Skraight, do whatever puts a smile on your face. There will always be someone that won't like whatever you do, so do what you want. A lot of people hate my car, but I get compliments all the time and the car looks great for me. Whatever you do I'm sure someone will compliment it. My personal input, I think the chrome wheels on your car look sick. Blacking out the wheels is so common now, well around here anyway. Either way enjoy what you do to it.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
^ Completely agree with Skraight, do whatever puts a smile on your face. There will always be someone that won't like whatever you do, so do what you want. A lot of people hate my car, but I get compliments all the time and the car looks great for me. Whatever you do I'm sure someone will compliment it. My personal input, I think the chrome wheels on your car look sick. Blacking out the wheels is so common now, well around here anyway. Either way enjoy what you do to it.
I agree!! Getting ideas from members is a good guide but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Walk around your ride a few times each day and check out google or this forum on some custom rides and it all will come together!! Thats what I did.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What about either removing your window tint or go a bit darker (if legal)? It's kinda hard to tell but the current tint looks purple-ish to me. Beautiful car though!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
What about either removing your window tint or go a bit darker (if legal)? It's kinda hard to tell but the current tint looks purple-ish to me. Beautiful car though!
Haha I re-read your original post and you mentioned window tint already
Old 10-04-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info and imput everyone. I think the tint that is on there now was a home job that wasn't done really well. I am really leaning towards the chrome overlays. Couldnt agreee more that it is whatever I think looks good at the end of the day. I might try to see if I can get some photoshops done so I can see how it all looks together.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
Thanks for the info and imput everyone. I think the tint that is on there now was a home job that wasn't done really well. I am really leaning towards the chrome overlays. Couldnt agreee more that it is whatever I think looks good at the end of the day. I might try to see if I can get some photoshops done so I can see how it all looks together.
Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Need Help For Appearance Mods For My Car