Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blackbird stripes and the ease or lack there of, on ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackbird stripes and the ease or lack there of, on ....

1. Installing thim to the hood of an 01 WS6 and 2. ( My biggest question ), Once I apply the stripes to the hood and also to the Spoiler ( the " stripe " BlackBird stripes on the spoiler ) , How easy If at some point I want to take the stripes off of the car will it be and how difficult are they to remove? Does the length of time that they've been on there, before you take them off matter and what Products/Materials are needed for the application of the stripes, as well as the Products/Materials for the removale of the stripes " if " I ever wanted to take them off . Thanks for everyones help , much appreciated - Mike
Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Blackbird stipes, but never had a desire to remove them. They look too good to take off. I would think taking them off would be very simple and that they'd come off with ease. Just get an edge started and beging peeling. I doubt you'll ever want to remove them once you put them on.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

1. you should have a spray bottle handy with some soapy water...i used car wash. spray the hood and make sure it stays as wet as possible while you're applying the stripes...it'll allow you to be able to move the stripes back n forth up and down if need be.
2. something you can use to apply the decal such as a credit card (most kits come with its own squeegee)

with any decal if you leave it on for long periods of times you run the risk of getting some paint fade. the surface under the decall will stay the same but the paint around it fades over time. if you remove it you may still see the outline where the decall was.

removing them only requires some patience, a heat gun, and your thumbs. its a simple process. good luck.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ right on point. It also helps to keep the car out of direct sunlight as much as possible. Later on it will help if you want to take them off. I've had my share of the small rips on vinyl taking them off.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

Awesome guys, thank you for the replies and the tips on how to apply / take them off. I'm going to put the hood stripes on first, as see how I like that, with the CETA mod. Then add the stripes on the spoiler if decide I want to go that route. Thanks again - Mike

Quick Reply: Blackbird stripes and the ease or lack there of, on ....