Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear bumper/tail light question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumper/tail light question

For those of you who have trans ams on here and have removed the rear bumper and tail lights I have a question.

I removed the bumper and sent it off for the CETA mod this past weekend. My question is on the portion in the middle of the tail lights where you put in your key to open the trunk with the firebird symbol. What is supposed to be holding that in place in the 4 holes??? bolts or pop tabs or what? Mine did not have anything and was stuck in place. used a little muscle and is just came off without breaking anything. However the holes were open nothing in them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

the inner 2 threads on each tail light go thru those 4 holes and are then held on by those black thumb screw things, it's one big sandwich.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
the inner 2 threads on each tail light go thru those 4 holes and are then held on by those black thumb screw things, it's one big sandwich.
Awesome thanks so much I took it apart one night and did not even notice.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, it throws you the first time because all the gunk that builds up on a car gets it to hold itself in place and you have to "pop" it loose, now it will fall off as soon as you remove the second tail light, I had to replace the lock cylinders in the doors and hatch because the guy I bought my firebird from didn't have door keys.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper/tail light question