Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New product... What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought those coil covers were plastic? Doesn't edelbrock make them? Regardless, I would be fine with a plastic set if you guys can make them easier.

I'd go for the high mount LED 3rd brake light too. I'd like it to be red though. I know you already shot this one down.

I know Austin Auflick was talking about making his fender flares for the TA's and selling them. I dont think he was ever able to get someone to produce them. I would love a set of these if you guys could work with him.

Still wanting a WS6 hood that incorporates the Mecham heat extractors and the Firehawk head extractors but I know that is stretch.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so no on the steering wheel?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever come up with anything on the true duals?
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Launching!

There was someone selling over the axle true duals - I used to have the link - but they were stupid expensive. Kooks makes some, also expensive as you might expect.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea all those are out of my price range. There was talk earlier in this thread about Mark possibly making an affordable kit. Been ready to build my own but I'm waiting to see if he comes up with something.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Can't see anyone buying that when they can attach the diffuser valance instead...

The diffusers are discontinued right now anyways but if we get enough interest in bringing them back we'll do them through RK Sport...
that sucks. The diffuser is nice but imo without it being blended as one it just seems like an tacky aftermarket add on.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus23
Agree, so I made my own $140 bucks for all the hardware. I made mine flush with the air dam so all the air that goes in runs straight to the radiator. A lot of work involved tho which is why I understand why it cost so much. Took us about 8 hrs to make a mock up with cardboard then a final abs cut.

Its Krimson bird's fault he inspired me to do it his bird was so beautiful!

How's that worked for you so far? All of our tests show air "packs" at the bumper even on Trans Ams and doesn't flow in. Had a lot of overheating problems until we created the notch we have (NOT taking it solid back to the air dam). Would save a lot of time for us (and money) on the waterjet to just go all the way back but every car ran hotter then with the notch every car ran cooler than without the splitter.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
I don't know the first thing about photoshop so if you leave that to me, well be pushing something that looks like it's from a 3rd graders art class, lol...

I could push the thread using Chris's pic since that's the one everyone likes and know, but I don't know how he'd feel about that or how close it is to what you've got going on. Or i can just reignite the thread that got all this going and just tell everyone that you are running with the idea now.

Not sure how to proceed.
E-mail Brian at bdeeney@***.net He charges $50 to do design work for something like this but if we make it we can refund it later...
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
so no on the steering wheel?
Nothing we can figure out to get a different airbag to work
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
Ever come up with anything on the true duals?
Have to finish my Grand National first to get it off the lift to get the Trans Am on to try this...
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Would love a clear DRL for 98+ Trans Am. Maybe even just a lens to change out the semi-clear one that's on there already.
I'm guessing the inside of the unit isn't nice and shiny but maybe some chrome/silver heat resistant paint would do the trick.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Teching In

How's that worked for you so far? All of our tests show air "packs" at the bumper even on Trans Ams and doesn't flow in. Had a lot of overheating problems until we created the notch we have (NOT taking it solid back to the air dam). Would save a lot of time for us (and money) on the waterjet to just go all the way back but every car ran hotter then with the notch every car ran cooler than without the splitter.
I was afraid of that to when we first did it. I knew I would find out for sure when we did it cause it was 100-115 degrees in the middle of summer in California. It ran perfectly fine even in stop and go traffic, never passed normal operating temps. On the freeway it made a difference ran cooler and the car was more responsive no longer got that heat soak feel on long drives. you also can feel downforce at higher speeds. You don't get that feeling that your starting to float at high speeds. It really works not just and appearance mod.

Don't know if it makes a diff. but this is all on a stock thermostat.

Still want a rear diffuser! LOL! keep up the good work guys!

Last edited by Maximus23; 02-08-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Banned

Nice !
Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing we can figure out to get a different airbag to work
damn that sux. damn gm for not having 3 spoke wheels for a sports car. bmw been using them on 3 series since the 80's.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Teching In

So is that a no-go for some nicer DRL's on Trans Ams?
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Latigo
So is that a no-go for some nicer DRL's on Trans Ams?
You can already get new housings AFAIK and they have nice new clear lenses. The originals were clear too when new, just age yellows them and the insides tarnish.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Now that's an answer, lol!

Yeah, last I talked to Chris, he was dead in the water with it, due to family issues or something, it's been a while, I can't recall, but I'm sure you'll get the 30 needed, for a build. The original thread blew up, but with all the time that has passed, it's either been forgot about or people has moved on, because it turned into a dead project. I'd bet the flame is still smoldering for it and wont take much to build that fire again. In the end, I would prefer a U.S. product, but I'd make due with a (place 3rd world country here) piece, just to have one. It's sad really... I have Chris's Evolution bumper and that thing is top notch! But I'm no longer doing turbo so it sits, still brand new with it's gel coating.

I can't believe the hi-rise winge is proving to be such and PITA! That's another HOT seller f it can be done "economically."

Yeah, Justin is local to me, but is only working on the Camaros. I am definitely in for a T/A cover!

I can understand that the Tonneau covers has a very limited consumer base; I just want to see something more aggressive and radical in design... if not, for my own sick and perverse pleasures, lol
IM coming back. Give me alittle time.IM getting back on my feet and I will have a prototype done soon. This is my passion and I wont give up on this.

Christian
Old 02-12-2014, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How about C6 Z06 style rear vents for 4th gen Firebirds
Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

Pics?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
IM coming back. Give me alittle time.IM getting back on my feet and I will have a prototype done soon. This is my passion and I wont give up on this.

Christian

Glad to hear things are getting better for ya Bro! Keep up posted man!

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?