Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of Fog Light Halo's on T/A's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Pics of Fog Light Halo's on T/A's?

One of my fog lights blew so I decided to upgrade to ones that actually give me better visibility. I ended up getting some Navigator NV-362W's. Wired the first one up and it's much brighter but the lights also come with a built in LED Halo ring that's wired separately. To hook it up I have to run the wires from the lights, through the firewall and where I have to hook up the switch. This means taking out the PCM to get to the grommet, taking out my center console to wire the switch and a lot more work than just installing my lights (which use existing wiring) without the Halo's hooked up. Does anyone have pics of these lights hooked up or for that matter anyone with halos in their fogs? Couldn't find any online.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldnt you just wire them to your drls and not have to worry about a switch?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeenZ28
Couldnt you just wire them to your drls and not have to worry about a switch?
That might work, but the led's are multi color. So press the button once to go from off to blue, then again for red, then again for white and keep going until it goes off again. If I could just set it to a color then hook it up to the DRL's that'd be great.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for pics! ive seen some for lt1 birds but hardly any ls1 trans ams, if that makes a difference
Old 12-23-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

In for pics too. I think it could be a cool setup!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

in the Lighting FAQ there are pics of those lights in both working and non-working halo form, but there on the firebird/formula bumper not the T/A bumper.

I plan to get them for my car within the next few months, myself.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow didn't know they're so rare

Anyway, so I decided to go ahead and wire it. Hooking up just the fogs took a couple hours (had to cut and drill original mounts). Then an additional 5 hours to wire the led halo's

Of course the wiring they gave me was too short, so I had to cut it, get some additional 20 gauge wire, crimp the ends, take out my console, hook up the switch and put everything back. Here are the results.

New fog lights installed:

LED Halo's:

Camera doesn't really capture the halos very well. Colors are much deeper and cleaner. I'm very pleased. They're also on a completely different circuit than the headlights so I can turn them on whenever I want
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

That looks Awesome!!!! Thanks for this post. Been debating getting some halos, you just sold me on it
Old 12-26-2013, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Oh... I like it. A lot.

I just ordered a pair. I will do a write up on how to install them.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Looks good bro, I may have to do this to my two TA's
in for a writeup
Old 12-26-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bluestreak
Oh... I like it. A lot.

I just ordered a pair. I will do a write up on how to install them.
Write up would be great, wish I had one. Took me about a 3rd of the time to do the second light after I figured out the first.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did mine little different than above. I didn't like the quality of the aftermarket fogs / halo combos so I opted for ccfl rings instead. Here on tech there is a bad *** car owned by vikingramair that had a nice halo setup so I got some info and liked his method better.

I spent weeks trying to find the nicest ones and finally found a place on ebay. These are ccfl's that each come with their own inverter, but you can use one if you wish since they have the ability to connect 2 rings to one inverter. Measure the outside diameter of the stock fogs and chose that size so it was as big as possible. These are not the cheap bendable ones. They have the highest output I could find. They are actually attached to the outside of the fog light with industrial double sided tape cut perfectly so you never see the tape. It has been through many power washings and hand washings and never a problem. Connections are soldered and shrink tubed and the inverter is hidden in the radiator support. Power from the battery, fused and connected to a switch under the dash. So I can just drive with Halos on only. They have many colors but I had to go with white because cops will ticket you around here for any color other than white. They are crazy bright at night, there is actually light output for about 3 feet in front of my car from just the rings. You can't even tell they are on the outside of the fogs. Always get compliments.

Pics suck and I don't have any night ones. These were pics inside my trailer last winter hooked up to a battery that was on the floor almost dead just for testing them. They are way brighter than shown. I hope to some day swap over to a Formula bumper which I think looks better with halso since it spreads them apart farther.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Yea i think i like it better when its a little darker maybe tint the lenses a bit it looks good but those are just crazy bright i think
Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
I did mine little different than above. I didn't like the quality of the aftermarket fogs / halo combos so I opted for ccfl rings instead. Here on tech there is a bad *** car owned by vikingramair that had a nice halo setup so I got some info and liked his method better.

I spent weeks trying to find the nicest ones and finally found a place on ebay. These are ccfl's that each come with their own inverter, but you can use one if you wish since they have the ability to connect 2 rings to one inverter. Measure the outside diameter of the stock fogs and chose that size so it was as big as possible. These are not the cheap bendable ones. They have the highest output I could find. They are actually attached to the outside of the fog light with industrial double sided tape cut perfectly so you never see the tape. It has been through many power washings and hand washings and never a problem. Connections are soldered and shrink tubed and the inverter is hidden in the radiator support. Power from the battery, fused and connected to a switch under the dash. So I can just drive with Halos on only. They have many colors but I had to go with white because cops will ticket you around here for any color other than white. They are crazy bright at night, there is actually light output for about 3 feet in front of my car from just the rings. You can't even tell they are on the outside of the fogs. Always get compliments.

Pics suck and I don't have any night ones. These were pics inside my trailer last winter hooked up to a battery that was on the floor almost dead just for testing them. They are way brighter than shown. I hope to some day swap over to a Formula bumper which I think looks better with halso since it spreads them apart farther.

I like those and i want to do blue bird covers on mine, so these would work great. any way you can pm me a link to their page?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the output of the fog set up a lot. I hate halo rings with a passion but it's hard to beat that output. I'm in for a write up as well.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
I love the output of the fog set up a lot. I hate halo rings with a passion but it's hard to beat that output. I'm in for a write up as well.
I honestly didn't know about the halos until I opened the box. They don't make it obvious. But I'm very satisfied with the light output. Drove home from work the other night and my fog lights actually gave me better visibility in the fog... for the first time
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98

Those look great, but I think they would look even better if it was a complete ring and not split at the top.
How did you wire it up? I want to do this but want them wired to where I can turn them on whenever I want and not have to have them wired to the fogs or drls, I want them on a separate switch.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dabest09

Those look great, but I think they would look even better if it was a complete ring and not split at the top.
How did you wire it up? I want to do this but want them wired to where I can turn them on whenever I want and not have to have them wired to the fogs or drls, I want them on a separate switch.
That's what he did.......

Blackduck98: " Power from the battery, fused and connected to a switch under the dash. So I can just drive with Halos on only"

southernfbody.com
Old 12-31-2013, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
That's what he did.......

Blackduck98: " Power from the battery, fused and connected to a switch under the dash. So I can just drive with Halos on only"

southernfbody.com
Haha thanks for the point out, just getting ready to do that myself. As for the split in the halo ring, it doesn't even matter. You cannot see it driving or walking by it. Only visible if you are laying on the ground. If I ever come across a set a Beemer headlights with halos at a junk yard for cheap I will upgrade to those only of they are the bright white like the newer models instead of the older yellowish white color that they used to be.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

ohhh I really like those. That's going on the mod list.

Quick Reply: Pics of Fog Light Halo's on T/A's?