Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Harness loom looks ugly.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get it at Summit. It's under Painless Performance Powerbraid. I think there's a kit for EFI motors, but I don't know if it's LS specific. Summit might have their own line of the stuff too.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE 403
The braid I used came from http://www.cabletiesandmore.com . They call it "wrap around braided sleeving"....

Techflex looks to be similar stuff.
How much of your loom did you do and how much of the sleeving did you need to do it?

That looks incredible.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
How much of your loom did you do and how much of the sleeving did you need to do it?

That looks incredible.
Don't use someone else's measurements, you never know exactly what they wrapped and if you personally would like to go further, or if you would like to do less. Don't set yourself up for failure in finding you don't have enough or you have way more than you need.

Get a cloth measuring tape (the kind used when measuring fabrics), and go out to your car and pop the hood. Look for all of the wiring that stands out to you, that you would like to wrap. Measure the length of each section of wiring and add that up. Different wire bundles may be smaller/bigger than others so you may want to order a couple different sizes of the wrap. So take note of 1) the diameter of the wire bundles you want to wrap, and 2) the length of each of those sections.

Take your time, measure it all out, and buy what you need as well as an extra few feet or so just to have a little extra on hand should you need it for any reason.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with crimson bird kinda as you go thing.The black really helps hide wires did mine few back
Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd

That looks incredible.
Thanks! And if wasn't for these guys below I was going to tell exactly how much I used.....

If you have the harness in hand like I did, it was pretty easy. I used 3 different sizes in 10-15' lengths. When I ran out....ordered more.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Don't use someone else's measurements, you never know exactly what they wrapped and if you personally would like to go further, or if you would like to do less. Don't set yourself up for failure in finding you don't have enough or you have way more than you need.
Originally Posted by 01badbird
Agree with crimson bird kinda as you go thing.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird

Get a cloth measuring tape (the kind used when measuring fabrics), and go out to your car and pop the hood. Look for all of the wiring that stands out to you, that you would like to wrap. Measure the length of each section of wiring and add that up. Different wire bundles may be smaller/bigger than others so you may want to order a couple different sizes of the wrap. So take note of 1) the diameter of the wire bundles you want to wrap, and 2) the length of each of those sections.

Take your time, measure it all out, and buy what you need as well as an extra few feet or so just to have a little extra on hand should you need it for any reason.
I actually didn't think of using the cloth measuring tape. I knew I couldn't use his exact measurements, instead I was just looking to get an idea of how much he used to see if this is something I could slide into the winter budget. I plan to have the engine out to clean and fix a few things so it would be much easier to do then.

I always assumed that kind of loom was pretty expensive but after seeing it, its really not too bad.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01badbird
Agree with crimson bird kinda as you go thing.The black really helps hide wires did mine few back
that is a beautiful LS engine right there. Bravo!

Quick Reply: Harness loom looks ugly.