Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Good Quality headlights for 2000 Camaro?

Old 02-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Quality headlights for 2000 Camaro?

Hey guys, I was wondering whether there is any good aftermarket headlights out there?

I heard BLS is good, just browsing some options.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 02-02-2014, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

6ledesigns.com . That's where I got my whistler at n people love them.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought mine off of amazon and they already had the whistler mod done. DEPO i believe, very good price also.

Last edited by jsteele90; 02-02-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys have any problems with condensation in these aftermarket units?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had mine for almost 3 years and they still look brand new.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Those are some good looking headlights. Looking for chrome ones. Recently I bought r8 style headlights and less than 8 hours after being installed the low beams stopped working! Only have high's and rdl's.

So yeah looking to get rid of these headlights quickly with some good quality ones with halo's and HID, I wouldn't mind just headlights with 10k hid's in them at this point. Suggestions?

Last edited by Blazekillerace; 02-03-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:59 PM
FormerVendor

We can offer all chrome or DEPOs with the black whistler style housings retrofitted with bi-xenon projectors. We also offer custom options as well depending on what you are looking for. I would suggest against 10000k lamps or anything remotely close. You want to stick to the 4500k, 5000k and 6000k lamp color temps so you have usable light output. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
We can offer all chrome or DEPOs with the black whistler style housings retrofitted with bi-xenon projectors. We also offer custom options as well depending on what you are looking for. I would suggest against 10000k lamps or anything remotely close. You want to stick to the 4500k, 5000k and 6000k lamp color temps so you have usable light output. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email.
I'd like some pics of your bi-xenon setup as well as some pics of your whistler modded ones on a Camaro.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Sure thing BLS.

Does anyone know if I could just buy some stock headlights and change the light output? Like a 8000k light output.

I like the blue-ish lighting. My concern is, can you change change to a different bulb? Or what has to be done? Saw some pics of stock headlights with what I want. Idk whether you can put HID bulbs in or not.

-also, are all these aftermarket projector headlights/halo headlights junk? Any of them decent quality?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HID's in stock housings is a bad idea. The light isn't focused correctly and causes it to scatter
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cole Train
HID's in stock housings is a bad idea. The light isn't focused correctly and causes it to scatter
Okay, I figured as much. What about aftermarket companies? Any good ones?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The best for HID are going to be either DIY Retrofit or BLS for all the work already done.

Another that is OK for HID are the Sonars from ebay. They're OK. I thought they were better than stock halogen lights (and don't even start with HID in stock housings! yuck). BLS are definitely better though by a good bit.

Besides those, nothing else really works too great with HID. There are a few different "ebay" lights but from experience with two of them and seeing pictures of a 3rd the rest aren't too good.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
The best for HID are going to be either DIY Retrofit or BLS for all the work already done.

Another that is OK for HID are the Sonars from ebay. They're OK. I thought they were better than stock halogen lights (and don't even start with HID in stock housings! yuck). BLS are definitely better though by a good bit.

Besides those, nothing else really works too great with HID. There are a few different "ebay" lights but from experience with two of them and seeing pictures of a 3rd the rest aren't too good.
You make a good point SparkyJJO,

Reason why I ask is because the r8 style headlights that I did purchase and finally installed (which was a huge pain to even fit into the car, had to jam it), they stopped working. After driving it back on my way home, I turned my high beams on (which weren't bright at all), then when I saw a on coming car I switched back. But, I noticed there wasn't light. Pulled over and my low beams stopped working.. Now only led's and high beams work.. Luckily I was in the city to make it back home safely. Now the ballast box makes a buzzing noise. Worst quality ever and hasn't been installed for more than 8 hours and with less than a hour of being turned on.. Cut-off was bad too, let alone the weather strip was falling off from the begining of the installation. Send a HUGE complaint to the company and without even responding to my comments just gave me info on getting my money back when I ship the headlights back. Even though I'm being charged a 20% fee.. Better than not having any money back and stuck with these pieces of junk.. I'd advise everyone to stay away from these.. Such a pain and not worth it at all.

So, that's why I was wondering whether these other "projector" headlight companies have the same terrible quality, or some better than others?

If worst comes to worse I'll have just stock headlights and be done lol. I'm considering a pair from BLS.

If I can find the picture of the headlights I want I'll post them. Had no halo's, look like a fairly stock headlight assembly but the light output was like blue, thought they were really cool. Perhaps those were BLS lights, I'll take a look again.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 02-05-2014, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a friend that has Anzo Projectors $350 or something that with normal the stock lights and they look so good, so much brighter too. I'm considering a set.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
I have a friend that has Anzo Projectors $350 or something that with normal the stock lights and they look so good, so much brighter too. I'm considering a set.
I'm curious as to what they look like. If you happen to know what they are, please let me know.

I did check their site, I did see a pair that was near that price, but didn't match your description. Is Anzo good quality? Quite curious.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Launching!

These are one of the pairs of headlights I like. Anyone know what these are??

Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
You make a good point SparkyJJO,

Reason why I ask is because the r8 style headlights that I did purchase and finally installed (which was a huge pain to even fit into the car, had to jam it), they stopped working. After driving it back on my way home, I turned my high beams on (which weren't bright at all), then when I saw a on coming car I switched back. But, I noticed there wasn't light. Pulled over and my low beams stopped working.. Now only led's and high beams work.. Luckily I was in the city to make it back home safely. Now the ballast box makes a buzzing noise. Worst quality ever and hasn't been installed for more than 8 hours and with less than a hour of being turned on.. Cut-off was bad too, let alone the weather strip was falling off from the begining of the installation. Send a HUGE complaint to the company and without even responding to my comments just gave me info on getting my money back when I ship the headlights back. Even though I'm being charged a 20% fee.. Better than not having any money back and stuck with these pieces of junk.. I'd advise everyone to stay away from these.. Such a pain and not worth it at all.

So, that's why I was wondering whether these other "projector" headlight companies have the same terrible quality, or some better than others?

If worst comes to worse I'll have just stock headlights and be done lol. I'm considering a pair from BLS.

If I can find the picture of the headlights I want I'll post them. Had no halo's, look like a fairly stock headlight assembly but the light output was like blue, thought they were really cool. Perhaps those were BLS lights, I'll take a look again.

Thanks,

Blake
To be fair, the lights going out were caused by a crap HID kit, and not so much the housings themselves (though like you mentioned the cutoff sucked on those too along with other quality issues).

For stuff like headlights I don't want to skimp, I want something I know will work. That's why I shelled out for the Morimoto HID kit. Which at $150 ish still isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
These are one of the pairs of headlights I like. Anyone know what these are??

http://i60.tinypic.com/24l05xs.jpg
Stock headlights with an HID kit. Nothing special.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Launching!

To be fair, the lights going out were caused by a crap HID kit, and not so much the housings themselves (though like you mentioned the cutoff sucked on those too along with other quality issues).

For stuff like headlights I don't want to skimp, I want something I know will work. That's why I shelled out for the Morimoto HID kit. Which at $150 ish still isn't that bad.

Stock headlights with an HID kit. Nothing special.
Is it a easy fix? Or do I have to disassemble them? Is it the bulbs that just need replaced?

If the headlights in the pic are in fact stock, is it safe to put hid in stock considering those are reflecter housings? Heard it wasn't a good idea.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

The HID kit is a bulb, connected to the ballast, connected to your low beam plug (or relay harness if you used one). If the ballasts popped then new ballasts should be all you need. Bulbs are probably OK.

It is odd both went out at the same time, unless you're using a relay harness. If you are, it is possible the relay is bad.

"Safe" to put HID in stock housings is a relative term. Some people will swear up and down it is perfectly fine. Technically, it isn't Our stock headlights certainly aren't the worst offenders when it comes to glaring with HIDs, but that doesn't mean they're good either. Just do it right with projectors

For how much some of these aftermarket lights cost (like those Anzos for $350 that DemonicZ mentioned) I'd just get the basic BLS kit! Same cost, far better lights. Then put in a HID kit of your choice (again I'd do the Morimoto 35W kit from BLS or theretrofitsource) and you're done. That gives you a Whistlered light with projectors in the low beam bucket (bixenon so they do highs also when the solenoid is wired up). Nothing too fancy but works well and looks nice.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Launching!

The HID kit is a bulb, connected to the ballast, connected to your low beam plug (or relay harness if you used one). If the ballasts popped then new ballasts should be all you need. Bulbs are probably OK.

It is odd both went out at the same time, unless you're using a relay harness. If you are, it is possible the relay is bad.

"Safe" to put HID in stock housings is a relative term. Some people will swear up and down it is perfectly fine. Technically, it isn't Our stock headlights certainly aren't the worst offenders when it comes to glaring with HIDs, but that doesn't mean they're good either. Just do it right with projectors

For how much some of these aftermarket lights cost (like those Anzos for $350 that DemonicZ mentioned) I'd just get the basic BLS kit! Same cost, far better lights. Then put in a HID kit of your choice (again I'd do the Morimoto 35W kit from BLS or theretrofitsource) and you're done. That gives you a Whistlered light with projectors in the low beam bucket (bixenon so they do highs also when the solenoid is wired up). Nothing too fancy but works well and looks nice.
Oh okay. I didn't use a relay harness unless there is one that comes stock with our camaro's. All I did was plug them into the harness and spliced the LED's to the turn signals.

Yeah, aint that the truth. I hate when lifted trucks have them and they are blareing into my face. But you're right I'll probably go the projector route. Probably will invest into BLS. Once I figure out which style I want to go with. Black my car out or have chrome with some white.. Choices choices..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Quality headlights for 2000 Camaro?