Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This red/orange looks interesting....

Old 05-20-2004, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Red all the way. Thats what I plan on accenting my Pewter TA in.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully I will take some more pics soon. I think the blue color would stand out well on a pewter car (trying to picture it in my head). Charcoal sharp as well.
I get alot of compliments on my car; people seem to like the fact that the flames are kinda subtle and not so "hey look at me." Although if your gonna spend the cash on a custom paint job, I think the "hey look at me" is what most are after. I was somewhat skeptical of the candy gold idea at first, but after seeing the results, it was an excellent choice IMHO.

Ray.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Does anyone know what type of wheels those are on the Camaro that ulysses posted? I assume they are 20"x???? Thanks. Ray.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

They are 20's all around. Its a sprewell rim... but boyd coddington sells almost the same exact rim.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Razor
Does anyone know what type of wheels those are on the Camaro that ulysses posted? I assume they are 20"x???? Thanks. Ray.
WWW.introwheels.com Vistas

Old 12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Bringing back this post from the dead, 'cause I'll need to paint my pewter T/A soon. The paint is really starting to look like . I've read all the threads (I think) on which colors look best on pewter, as I want to add some flames to the front of the car. Originally, I had the idea to totally change the color of the car, but wasn't wild about having to paint the doors, Jambs, T-top jambs, and under the hood. So, then I thought about putting flames on the car. Okay, everyone seems to be doing ghost flames of some kind or another on pewter cars. My current accent color (Bumper, Calipers, Lid, Inserts) are all charcoal metallic, and my interior accent is silver (vent rings, shift ****, pedals). Charcoal metallic flames are the natural choice then. BUT... When I wanted to change the color of the car, I wanted a loud, brash color... something that would make your jaw drop, like a bright orange metallic. I wanted something different. Even now while only doing flames instead of the entire car, I wanted something bold. But unfortunately bolld and pewter don't seem to go well together. I just ran across this site, and man, this is the way to go for the color of the flames: http://www.innate.com/Paint/Chrome/HyperBlack.htm

THAT is classy, yet bold, and matches the pewter well. I've done some reading up on it, and apparently it is sprayed over a gloss black base. So... I'll shoot the entire car with pewter after my bodywork is done, and my new (WS9) hood is on, then lay the flames, shoot them black, clear them, black chrome them, then clear the entire car several coats deep. I think that will definately stand out. Opinions, comments, anyone?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

ive got a pewter ws6 and was thinking of goin with the blackbird stripes and bumper painted charcoal, and the tt2s as well. anybody have this setup or can anyone do a photoshop for me?
Old 01-10-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should photoshop some different colors on it. Thats what I did before I finally decided on my flame colors. Pewter's a little tricky color. Its a yellow based so anything thats opposite on the color wheel aka "complimentary" will look nice.

-Michelle

Quick Reply: What color do you like with pewter?