Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 Fog Lights or Navigator NV-362W Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LT1 Fog Lights or Navigator NV-362W Fog Lights?

I need to buy some new fog lights since my current ones melted from my HIDs.
I'm trying to decide between LT1 fog lights or the Navigator NV-362Ws shown in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...og-lights.html

I'm really wanting to get something with metal/glass so I can match my low-beams 6000k.

(And I'm planning to fab something up for the glass so the HIDs don't blind people).

I think the navigators are H3 though, and I've read its hard to come by HIDs that will fit in there... help!?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump? No one!?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I can tell you this, in person the H3 bulbs in the 362's look pretty damn close color wise to a GOOD 6000k HID (not one of those crappy 30 dollar ebay HID kits) just at a lesser intensity then HID would be, that said the light pattern spread of those housings (from what I can see with mine, in a firebird/formula front bumper) would be absolutely horrendous with HID's the LT1 housing would be better and more focused due to the shape of the housing.

I'll try to get a pic with my phone tonight and see how it shows up.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
well, I can tell you this, in person the H3 bulbs in the 362's look pretty damn close color wise to a GOOD 6000k HID (not one of those crappy 30 dollar ebay HID kits) just at a lesser intensity then HID would be, that said the light pattern spread of those housings (from what I can see with mine, in a firebird/formula front bumper) would be absolutely horrendous with HID's the LT1 housing would be better and more focused due to the shape of the housing.

I'll try to get a pic with my phone tonight and see how it shows up.
Awesome! I knew someone would know how they would look
I'd really appreciate a pic man, its going on my 99 WS6, so as long as it fills up the space and produces an *almost 6000k effect.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any update on this? In the exact same boat and looking to pull the trigger on the Navigator lights. Pic would be sweet, thanks!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

My post from that thread:
Originally Posted by VIP1
These aren't really fog lights. They have the wrong beam pattern. I have them so I know. They have a conical beam pattern (like a flood light) instead of a flat-low-wide beam pattern. They already glare with the stock H3 bulbs. HID would just be horrible in these housings. Since I have Low Beam Projectors with HID, I just leave these fogs off.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just wanted to post a reply in case anyone stumbled across this thread, I ended up going with the Navigators and WOW, I absolutely love them.

I followed another thread and used our stock fog light brackets with them and they fit perfectly. If anyone wants pics I can take some.

Quick Reply: LT1 Fog Lights or Navigator NV-362W Fog Lights?