Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brighter fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
I have the 55w 6k from BLS in my T/A and I've definitely learned at least one thing about them... when its raining out, the lights reflect HORRIBLY off of rain and wet ground...
I went to make a turn into what i THOUGHT was a gravel driveway but turned out to be a wet, grassy, deep *** ditch. I'm switching to a 4300k first chance I get. Plus you cant even tell your lights are on when driving in a commercial area and theres any oncoming traffic... the light gets completely drowned out. And if the ground is saturated I cant even see the lines in the road... makes picking a lane quite difficult lol
All this points to additional reasons why a 55watt HID kit (regardless of color) is a bad idea in the stock plastic reflector fog lights. Heck, 55watt HID kitt in fog lights is a bad idea in general. Too much light pooled in front of the car hampering distance vision. Plus it will glare badly in the stock plastic reflector housings. If you thought the glare was bad for you driving that day, imagine how bad it was for oncoming drivers. Hint: much worse.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
All this points to additional reasons why a 55watt HID kit (regardless of color) is a bad idea in the stock plastic reflector fog lights. Heck, 55watt HID kitt in fog lights is a bad idea in general. Too much light pooled in front of the car hampering distance vision. Plus it will glare badly in the stock plastic reflector housings. If you thought the glare was bad for you driving that day, imagine how bad it was for oncoming drivers. Hint: much worse.
this is why i made sure to point out i use the BLS kit... my lights don't blind oncoming traffic... i have the projector housings and everything... i dont have HID's in my fogs but i do plan on replacing the factory fogs with the 4" off road hid's from oreilly's very soon... however I'm going to wire them up to the high beam switch...
say what you all want about HID's not liking being switched on and off but my parents have been using them for 6 years like that and they've never missed a beat... and the light output is FAR better than anything i've ever seen for these cars... BLS included (as much as i love the products... not hating on you guys)

and i agree with the 55w being a bad idea to run with stock housings... although i am completely unable to speak from experience as ive never done that BECAUSE ive seen on here that its just stupid
Old 03-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Yes, 880 is the fog light bulb
Thanks! About to place an order
Old 03-23-2014, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
this is why i made sure to point out i use the BLS kit... my lights don't blind oncoming traffic... i have the projector housings and everything... i dont have HID's in my fogs but i do plan on replacing the factory fogs with the 4" off road hid's from oreilly's very soon... however I'm going to wire them up to the high beam switch...
say what you all want about HID's not liking being switched on and off but my parents have been using them for 6 years like that and they've never missed a beat... and the light output is FAR better than anything i've ever seen for these cars... BLS included (as much as i love the products... not hating on you guys)

and i agree with the 55w being a bad idea to run with stock housings... although i am completely unable to speak from experience as ive never done that BECAUSE ive seen on here that its just stupid
My car doesn't see rain or even night driving that often. Maybe 5 times a year. Mostly use it to go to work when its nice or drive around town.

Quick Reply: Brighter fog lights?