Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What's the best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NXT isn't a wax either, even though it says Tech Wax on the bottle. It's polymer based like Zaino.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've used dozens of products for around 35 years. I skeptically tried Zaino 6 years ago and stopped looking. Like most **** folks I want to use, what to me, is the best. I want shine, ease of use, durability and protection. With Zaino I have it all. It applies so thin Zaino is actually pretty economical as well. If I could find something that is better, to me, I'll use it. So far I haven't.

Everyone has different needs and should try different products to see what THEY like best.

On every poll I've seen on many message boards for several years, Zaino always came in first, generally taking over 50% of the votes by itself. But I tried it back when it was virtually unknown, so its popularity had nothing to do with my liking and continuing to use it.

NXT is the new "hot" item, but on some of the boards, alot of folks who have tried it out have now started going back to Zaino, durability being the main reason, but not only.

Try different products, see what YOU like/dislike about them and choose the one YOU like best. That is what I did.

If all you want is a cheap shine, Pledge furniture polish works.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Durability of Zaino is nothing short of AMAZING. I haveing applied the polishes in about a year. I think I've done one quick shot of Z6 (gloss enhancer) Water beads up big time. Repels dust. Bugs and crap come right off with a simple car wash. VERY easy to apply. I have about 4 coats (3 Z5 and 1 z2 I believe) As long as you get the hardner do it all in one day.

I DO like to use Meguires Paint cleaner before the claybar. It get the big stuff off alot easier. Then make sure after the clay bar you dawn it. NXT looks good but I'll stick with my Zaino. When I do my Z28 I'll post pics!!!

Bobby

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 05-17-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone try menzerna and wolfgang ?? i will be applying these 2 soon. i'll post some pics. how about blackfire ??

Old 05-18-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

the menzerna/wolfgang combo is a fantastic combo. ZaneO is a big fan of this combo - I haven't used wolfgang yet - still using blackfire.

-tom
Old 05-19-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last week end i claybared then used NXT. I loved the results.
Just wanted to know if i should be doing more steps.
what am i missing
Old 05-20-2004, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

after clay, you might want to use a swirl remover and a polsih before waxing. this will only help your paint to look its glossy-ist. meguiars # 9 is pretty good stuff and is 2 in 1. it reduces swirls and creates a brilliant gloss in one step. i used this before NXT and had great results
Old 05-20-2004, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
last week end i claybared then used NXT. I loved the results.
Just wanted to know if i should be doing more steps.
what am i missing
Lots of people have been using Meguiar's ColorX by hand before NXT with great results. It worked well on my car! If you have deep swirls or scratches, they also make one called ScratchX. I don't know much about this one though, never used it.

Quick Reply: What's the best wax?