TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found some on amazon for $17 that claim they're 800 lumen lol
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSS07
I found some on amazon for $17 that claim they're 800 lumen lol
lol yeah the false advertising is everywhere. You really just have to search and hope someone has tried the bulbs and performed a good review.

The pics I've attached are sub $50 LEDs I have, and none are as bright as stock bulbs. The orange ones were rated at 50w, but they are maybe 70% as bright as a 3157, and all four become worthless in the sunlight. I can't remember what the two backup lights are "rated" but they work decent for non-critical lighting. The tower was absolute ****.
Attached Thumbnails brighter tail lights-img_20140419_112117.jpg   brighter tail lights-img_20140419_112037.jpg   brighter tail lights-img_20140419_112359.jpg   brighter tail lights-addb0e5985c98c83b0874dd04f8bc4de.jpe  
Old 04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I would recommend some high wattage LED options versus potentially melting your housings and sockets with a 50w tungsten bulb. Also, thanks for the info on the sockets. I'll update the list when I find out the correct year range since nobody has bothered to tell me before.
yeah, 93-97 camaros still use the old style bayonets in the rear
Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
Night pictures do not justify how good a bulb is, as a 74 bulb can look bright. Its the daylight, directly in the sun pics that count. There's a reason why every single led bulb picture is show in dark conditions. There have been countless threads where I ask for direct, in the sunlight pics and nobody ever posts up. This occurs across multiple forms as well.

I do not have red Tritons but there is a member on here who does, and they posted direct sunlight pics. The title of the thread has Triton v3 in it if I remember correctly.

Found it: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...installed.html
Sorry, I'm not going to ship my LEDs to "Shithole England!" which also since it's Shithole England! the light in the pictures is not bright sunlight - it's dim and overcast. Regarding daylight pics, I would have GLADLY provided them if you had bothered asking when I posted the multiple threads on different LED styles I've tried. People take night pictures because the difference is more visible at night than in the daytime. If a bulb is brighter in the daytime, it is brighter at night time. I don't understand your logic of "Night pictures do not justify how good a bulb is" when people have posted direct side-by-side comparisons of new LED vs. new tungsten in the same frame.

The pics I've attached are sub $50 LEDs I have, and none are as bright as stock bulbs. The orange ones were rated at 50w, but they are maybe 70% as bright as a 3157, and all four become worthless in the sunlight. I can't remember what the two backup lights are "rated" but they work decent for non-critical lighting. The tower was absolute ****.
Okay, so I noticed one thing: you're comparing apples to oranges. You have amber LEDs in one pic, white LEDs in another, and different reflectors and lenses shown. I have photographic proof showing certain relatively inexpensive LEDs side-by-side with stock 3157 bulbs showing that the LEDs are brighter.

Brake:

Reverse:

(note the shadow cast by the tungsten bulb is being diffused and overpowered by the 6000k LED. this particular model had only one LED and a focusing lens on it which made it less than ideal for the application, which should have a light source with as close to a 360* light output as possible)

Here is video proof from another forum member who had the same issue as OP and used the same red LEDs that I bought and recommended, who had similar results to mine: https://ls1tech.com/forums/16749048-post42.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt4s...ature=youtu.be
Video was taken in the daytime, in the shade. You can see the difference between the LED (left) and tungsten (right). The LED is brighter.

Last edited by ZexGX; 04-21-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, I'm not going to ship my LEDs to "Shithole England!"
Honestly dude, I didn't even read past the first sentence. Y u so mad? Post directly in the sun pics or nothing at all.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly dude, I didn't even read past the first sentence. Y u so mad? Post directly in the sun pics or nothing at all.
"Shithole England" is what the guy with the Triton V3's typed for his location in his own profile. His words, not mine. Triton V3 guy didn't even post "directly in the sun pics". Read my post.
brighter tail lights-verkohh.png

Last edited by ZexGX; 04-21-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Shithole England" is what the guy with the Triton V3's typed for his location in his own profile. His words, not mine. Triton V3 guy didn't even post "directly in the sun pics". Read my post.
No! I didn't but I did post a link to a short youtube video further down the page, with the car directly in the sun.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNa...ature=youtu.be
I did have leds towers before those, the only reason I swapped because although they seemed brighter than stock, at night the difference between brake on & parking lights was negligible.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get my HIDs and LED lamps for my cars and bikes from ddmtuning.com they have great prices and their products last.

Quick Reply: brighter tail lights