Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

AmmoNYC products?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AmmoNYC products?

Anyone use any of these products? Prices aren't horrible (not otc price either). Wondering if there are any reviews/opinions about this stuff.

He seems to be as OCD as it can get and has good info on his youtube channel as well.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

His stuff is the best of the best. If you e-mail with questions Larry responds personally to you as well. I always try to keep a good stock of the AMMO Hydrate around. And yes, anybody who thinks they're OCD about having a clean car should watch him because he would put anybody else who claims OCD in their place. Who seriously gets in their little jumpsuit and clean black latex gloves every time they wash their car? I've learned a lot from his vids though.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read lots of good stuff about his products on detailing boards. He seems to be about OCD as they come and ive learned alot about detailing from his youtube stuff. Havent tried any ammo stuff yet but ive got so much other stuff if I bought more my GF may kill me. Already get yelled at when another autogeek or other detailing places box shows up to our place.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on trying his soap and leather cleaner first. Either of you know where to get the interior leather brush he uses? He wants $60.00 for the one on his site! :o
Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I know! I just use a brush that was designed for detailing the tires and I go gentle on the seats with it. It's not too abrasive. Also I remember in one of his videos he talked about getting a stiff paint brush and putting a rubber band around the middle of the brush part to make it more stiff and using that. I think he mentioned that in the video where he restores the seats in that acura or lexus in the back seats.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Teching In

I have several detailing brushes and I try to get stuff made with boars hair. Its soft and gentle yet very strong.

Part of me thinks the price tags for his equipment is just for his brand name. Plus im sure he doesnt order large enough quantities to get huge discounts so that probably raises his final cost significantly. He does have most of his stuff custom made for him. Ive seen a couple vids were he talks about having stacks of towels and other things he refuses to use because he didnt like the outcome of the product he had made. So while im sure they are quality I just cant see spending 60 on a brush.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Ive pretty much purchased all of his products. I cant necessarily afford to use them on customers cars, so my Camaro is the only one graced with the beauty of AMMO. Larry is the man, he cares a lot about his products, he puts his time into making sure everything actually works and does exactly what he wants it to do, decontaminate the paint WITHOUT damaging it. And due to his OCD, which I must say I have a bit of my self, he actually accomplished all this. I love his AMMO products, especially the sealant and wax combo, really does make it "pop" as Larry always says.

His videos are great too, Ive spent hours watching them all, its real interesting stuff.

Quick Reply: AmmoNYC products?