Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

car wash soaps at part stores/wal-mart...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So guys I made my mind up. Spent maybe 30 minutes really looking at soaps this morning. I decided to try eagle one out. It's a dark blue color. Looking on you tube it seems to really suds up nicely
Old 07-03-2014, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recently started using Optimum along with their wax. Both work well.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I use for OTC car wash soap.

Suds don't mean anything in comparison to the lubricity quality the soap produces. When you wash the car you want your wash mitt or whatever your using to glide across the paint.

Tip: Fill a bucket with clean water 3/4 full. Then mix in the soap by hand! After the soap is mixed into the water by hand use your jet function on the sprayer nozzle to create some suds for the top 1/4 of the bucket.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by djfury05

Suds don't mean anything in comparison to the lubricity quality the soap produces. When you wash the car you want your wash mitt or whatever your using to glide across the paint.

Tip: Fill a bucket with clean water 3/4 full. Then mix in the soap by hand! After the soap is mixed into the water by hand use your jet function on the sprayer nozzle to create some suds for the top 1/4 of the bucket.
My boy.... Jesse!! You still in the house
Old 07-04-2014, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Would recommend this also. I use all of their products except. Black magic for rim wash and mothers for exhaust + rim polishing.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Yup that's the stuff I recommended for OTC soap
Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I'm not a OCD detailer, so I've not heard of this. I'm all for anything to make the process more efficient, though!

I'm going to give this a try when I wash the car tomorrow. I usually dry with a water blade and touch up with an Absorber. I then use the spray wax between normal waxing.
You could use a quick detailer as a drying aid. For example when I do a 2 bucket wash and flood the car with low pressure to have the water sheet off, I spray Meguiar's M135 (pro version of ultimate quik detailer) as I dry. It helps you avoid water spots as well. I then follow up with one final wipe with either M135 or D156 (pro version of Ultimate Quik Wax). Depends on my month regiment.

As far as soaps. Meguiar's deep crystal is good for an entry level product. A step above it gold class then ultimate wash and wax for those that want the freshly waxed look. Mothers makes two good soaps as well. For those that want to save a couple bucks check out the Mothers M Tech line at autozone. It's re-packaged products from their various lines.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baconz28
My boy.... Jesse!! You still in the house
I lurk from time to time..
Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lurk from time to time..
Trader...

I haven't used water to rinse in years. Crazy hard water at our place....spot city. I now use "No Rinse Wash and Shine". Wash her in the garage now....rain or shine

Quick Reply: car wash soaps at part stores/wal-mart...