Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hid: Infiniti q45

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hid: Infiniti q45

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.VL1_-CvF98E

Do you think these would fit the fog light space?
Id like to use these with 3000K bulb, if was possible.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fog lights on Trans Am's are 4.5" diameter those (if I'm reading it correctly) are 150mm and there are 25.4mm to an inch so those are approximately 5.9" diameter, so no they are FAR to large to possibly fit the fog light locations.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Your right.
DAMIT!
Wonder how difficult it would be to mod it, so it will fit?
I dont think fiberglass will work.
Any, ideas?
Old 01-20-2015, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be a LOT of work, first you would have to develop a mount for them as they are to large and to deep to fit at the stock location, so the lenses would have to sit closer to the front of the bumper and then you would need to design a whole new bumper section to make it fit and look right, between the cost of those projectors and everything you would have to do to make them work you (body/paint work on the bumper) you would easily break a grand just to get them, not worth it if you ask me, but hell I personally don't care for how they look to start with and wouldn't even pay the price for those projectors.

you could buy my used BLS v2 premium kit seen toward the bottom of the first page here https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...off-parts.html for not much more then those projectors would run you and then get a set of the Navigator NV-362W off amazon for around 60 bucks, if your in need of replacing the fog lights, if like with many running HID's in the stock fogs damaged the reflector in the stock housings.

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 01-20-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:56 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Those Q45 projectors aren't sealed. You'd have to build a housing to contain them to keep out water and dirt which would ruin them.

I have the CyberWhite branded version of those Navigator fog lights. They don't produce a fog beam. A fog light beam pattern should be low flat wide. These produce a cone of light like a flood light. I leave them off.

TRS has an LED fog light with decent output and pattern that you may be able to fabricate a mount to install them.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...ts-type-s.html
I just found a pic with dimensions and is seems that without the mounting bracket the width of the housing is 3.5 inches.

The closeout section also has BMW X5 LED fog lights, but they are an odd shape and would take some work to make fit if even possible (I don't know their dimensions)
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/clo...og-lights.html

However, neither of those LED options are 3000K. I think both are 5000+K.

Last edited by VIP1; 01-20-2015 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

It would be a lot of work/cash.
Ill look into those other options. I do want them to work as fog lights. I thought that as long as it used a yellow light it would work as a fog light didn't think of light pattern.
Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Hid: Infiniti q45