Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wedge Seat Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Wedge Seat Brackets

Anyone using the Wedge brand seat brackets in their 4th gen? I'm having some Evo Recaro seats reupholstered and was wondering if their is any real benefit in ordering the Wedge seat brackets to use with the Recaro sliders.

I know I can fab up a little piece of plate to attach the seats to the stock fbody brackets just wondering if the seats would sit lower or any true benefits in attaching the seats to the Wedge brackets.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used wedge seat brackets on several cars when converting to Recaro seats. They give you some adjustment in height. Please post some pics!
Old 03-02-2015, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Wedge bracket currently in the car with my POS, fell apart after 3 years, Recaro SPD recliner seat.

I could only WISH that the Recaro garbage was 1/1000th the quality of the Wedge bracket it is mounted onto!!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I have a Wedge bracket currently in the car with my POS, fell apart after 3 years, Recaro SPD recliner seat.

I could only WISH that the Recaro garbage was 1/1000th the quality of the Wedge bracket it is mounted onto!!
You certain they're authentic Recaro seats? I've never had an issue with any of my Recaros except for the old school that are 15yrs old and have seen some hard days.

Lots of fake Recaros in are being sold to the unsuspecting and un-informed buyer.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the replies I bought a stock manual driver seat bracket so I'll give them a try first.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought brackets for my seats through a vendor but they are wedge, after several emails and 6 weeks I got my brackets, with NO HOLES in them. Had to drill all holes by hand in what seemed like kryptonite steel.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDEP162
I bought brackets for my seats through a vendor but they are wedge, after several emails and 6 weeks I got my brackets, with NO HOLES in them. Had to drill all holes by hand in what seemed like kryptonite steel.
That doesn't sound right. Holes drilled where? What and who did you order from?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
That doesn't sound right. Holes drilled where? What and who did you order from?
From Andy's autosport, wedge brackets. Maybe were talking about different ones, mine were the square flat steel part that bolted to the factory studs, and then aftermarket sliders attach to them. There were no holes, even though I sent measurements of exactly where I needed the holes. So 8 holes total in each bracket needed drilled, 4 to mount to car, 4 to mount to seat sliders, total 16 holes, through kryptonite with a hand drill lol. Lesson from this, buy all together as a kit, not pieced together like me.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's unusual to not have holes already drilled in the bases since the floor pan is standard for the F-bodies. Now the upper sliders can vary. I had to cut down both upper sliders and it was like cutting through case harden steel.

Here's the only pic I can find of my Recaros.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
You certain they're authentic Recaro seats? I've never had an issue with any of my Recaros except for the old school that are 15yrs old and have seen some hard days.

Lots of fake Recaros in are being sold to the unsuspecting and un-informed buyer.
Yes, it was purchased from an official Recaro dealer (On Track), and had all of the official documentation/correct serial number.

But it WAS their (shitty, but they claim very durable) 'Avus' cloth material, and not leather, like I guess everyone else gets.

I've TOTALLY lost faith in the company (their top Profi racing shell seat recently LOST it's FIA homologation/certification as well), and IF I were to ever get a 5th gen Z28, I would probably replace the factory Recaros with Race Tech shells, or a set of Status suede leather recliners.

They also REFUSE to warranty them, OR sell me replacement covers, or cushions.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

The wedge floor bracket I bought was contoured to fit the floor correctly, however a blind man drilled the holes from the factory and they were all sorts of fucked up. After re-drilling all the holes, they fit properly.

Daily, the material on the SPD is THE WORST! I have one of those limited edition ones with the sub belt hole and the red stitching. You can't clean anything off that damn material. It's a comfortable seat, and it's not a daily so the material didn't wear out, but I can't keep the thing clean. It used to be on the drivers side and I moved it over to passenger and threw in a sparco pro 2000 and never looked back.

It's funny though, people go ape **** over that recaro and always offer to buy it.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
The wedge floor bracket I bought was contoured to fit the floor correctly, however a blind man drilled the holes from the factory and they were all sorts of fucked up. After re-drilling all the holes, they fit properly.

Daily, the material on the SPD is THE WORST! I have one of those limited edition ones with the sub belt hole and the red stitching. You can't clean anything off that damn material. It's a comfortable seat, and it's not a daily so the material didn't wear out, but I can't keep the thing clean. It used to be on the drivers side and I moved it over to passenger and threw in a sparco pro 2000 and never looked back.

It's funny though, people go ape **** over that recaro and always offer to buy it.
I could only WISH that they would offer to buy MY patched/faded/crushed cushion/sagging bottom suspension support SPD!!

I'd sell it in a heartbeat to someone hung up on the 'status' of the German name.

I am going to try those NRGs that Sam is using in the STU class C5 he is building.
They look GREAT for the price, and they even have a decent recliner available in an alcantara suede-like material for Scat/Procar price points!!

Yes, the only drawback is they are generally known as a 'ricer type' of company.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I used the wedge engineering seat brackets when I put my Recaros in. Nice quality pieces, no complaints here.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm happy with my Wedge bracket. I had zero fitment problems and the quality of the bracket IMO was excellent, I also bought my sliders from them. It took them 3-4 weeks to make the bracket and I received it in May '14, oh yeah I've heard of Andys autosports being a PITA so I went directly through Wedge when I ordered it.

This is the bracket with a Recaro SRII I bought while I lived in Japan back in 2004. I actually had it in my R33 Skyline while I was there and finally got around to getting a bracket for the SS.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

^^^That seat looks EXACTLY like my SPD, BEFORE it starting falling apart/disintegrating.
Is that the 'Avus' material, or something else?

Do they make different 'grades' of seats for the Euro/Asian markets (hence the different name for the SAME seat)?

Was that seat daily driven in your Skyline, and now in your f body, or was/is it a weekend only use ride??
Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Default Wedge Seat brackets

With the Wedge brackets did you have any issues with height...did they sit as low as stock?
Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

As far as the different grades I'm not really sure, I do know that the Japanese market SR seats were a little more narrow due to the fact the majority of Japanese are smaller. *edit* as it turns out they are Avus material

I bought the seat used and then used it in my Skyline which was my daily driver for about two years, the seat has held up great considering its probably about 20 years old. The Camaro isn't a daily driver.

As far as the height it is a bit lower than the factory seat but it doesn't really bother me

Last edited by 4150; 03-18-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

You're 'suspension belts' under the bottom cushion did not rip/tear, and drop the bottom cushion even lower (like mine did, besides the cover/cushions disintegrating)??

You are LUCKY, and must had gotten one of the 'Wednesday built' seats, OR they really do use better quality materials for their Asian/Euro market products(?).
Old 03-21-2015, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope no damage at all, the seat is pretty much 100% perfect.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the newer seats don't use as good of materials as they did in the 90's.

Quick Reply: Wedge Seat Brackets