Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What can I remove?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I remove?

Hi all, I have a 2000 camaro and I'm working on cleaning up the engine bay. My question is, what all can I remove. I plan on getting rid of the traction control, cruise control, and ABS. I am buying the ABS removal kit w/line lock here http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html and I already bought a non cruise control cable.

What all can be removed? i.e. cruise motor, cables, sensors

Also, I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything specifically tailored to what I'm trying to do. If there is a thread out there plz link and I'll delete this one.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

IF you can live without it, you can dump the WHOLE air conditioning system, and take quite a few pounds off of the nose.

Also, if you have not done so already, and if you don't have VISUAL yearly inspections, (and it does not bother you morally), you can dump the EGR and A.I.R. systems, and clean up the engine bay immensely, while also saving a few more pounds off of the front.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Teching In

AIR and EGR are already gone and the entire AC system is being removed most likely this weekend

Thanks for commenting though!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You can relocate the battery, remove the windshield washer reservoir and relocate the fuel evap solenoid for cleanliness. Also there's the wire mod to hide the wires on the passenger side within the splash guard in the wheel well.

Since you're already doing work on this thing, perhaps post a picture to help?
Old 04-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

If there is something you can't remove or relocate you could always try to mask it in a darker matte finish color. I know guys do that with the yellow on the dip stick, A/C caps, fuel lines etc. It will still be there but it won't draw your eye. Plus you could add coil covers or relocate the coils under the cowl to make the motor look less like a transformers heart
Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Attach a picture of you engine bay so we can suggest where to start.

I'm in the same boat as you and looking to clean up my engine bay also. That SJM abs delete kit is next on my list. There are lots of things you can do, but its how far you want to go and what your car is mainly used for.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Well today I took the AC compressor, lines, everything else out and also swapped over to non cruise control cable and took the CC motor and the black box by the battery out. Lots more room in there now! Next up is the ABS delete which I just ordered! I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. Nothing pretty right now though, work in progress. Oh, and is there a mod I can do to unslant the radiator and push it forward so I can have some more room between the engine and the fans??? Trying to get enough room for a turbo.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you can get a different radiator that is shorter. You do have to cut the front support to make it fit. Lots of threads on this site with pics, info, and radiator/fan options.

Quick Reply: What can I remove?