Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new sonoco style DH stripes added

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sonoco style DH stripes added

Not sure if i like it or not, not sure if its the color,the stripe or what . Maybe i ised to the old.look. juat picked it up maybe i need a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails new sonoco style DH stripes added-cam00850.jpg   new sonoco style DH stripes added-cam00854.jpg   new sonoco style DH stripes added-cam00855.jpg   new sonoco style DH stripes added-cam00853.jpg  
Old 05-23-2015, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Is that stripe blue or black. The first pic makes it look blue but the others look black. I assume its black.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:48 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Is that stripe blue or black. The first pic makes it look blue but the others look black. I assume its black.
Looks blue in all the pictures to me.

The stripe is too low as it goes to the front of the car. Pointing down slightly too much slant to it.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's weird...
Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats my issue, i think he pointed it down to much and its too high. And there electric blue metallic. I think im going to remove them today and go with a hockey instead
Old 05-24-2015, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
Thats my issue, i think he pointed it down to much and its too high. And there electric blue metallic. I think im going to remove them today and go with a hockey instead
I had a similar issue when applying my decals. It takes time, patients and careful measuring to get the decals lined up straight and properly. The vendor who cut mine placed everything on one thick piece of vinyl requiring me to cut and lay everything out. Cheap for him but not a happy customer for me. I had a devil of a time lining things up while placing searching for the proper placement on the quarter. I will not use this vendor again.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I took the car to a graphic place and they installed them for me. Was not cheap amd now i have to remove the driver side because it does not look right to me. Im a perfectionist and it drves me crazy seeing it not look perfect. I might just remove them all and go with hockey stripes instead. What kills me is 70% of people say they like the stripes , even when i point out the slant down and the dip they say well the car is still real nice. Lol well to me it looks like poo. Im out like 350 bucks on top of it
Old 05-24-2015, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jax can you post a pix of the rear where the decal meets the hatch area, i wanted to see how close it is. I think mine is either to low or its just slanted like crazy
Old 05-24-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea sure, I did mine myself and like you said I'm a perfectionist as well, so I took my time. Iit took me and a friend about maybe 2 hours to do but afterwards I was really happy everything. It came out even with the top of the side body line. Everything just fell into place and look pretty good to me but yea it definitely looks like they didn't take their time and they rushed. I would say take it back up to them and tell them they did not apply it correctly and ask them to pay for a new stripe and get it done right. I mean cuz those stripes look good when they're done right but also I think you probably should have gone black with the stripe because it would match all your accents, the blue just kind of looks slightly strange if you know what I mean.

Check out this link, its the guideline I used to install mine https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ll-detail.html

Last edited by jaxcam02; 05-24-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Why did you go with blue when everything else is black on the car? Seems odd to me. I also really hate the "mr. Chevrolet" thing on the spolier.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The camera can not show it but thats not black. Its midnight blue with blue peral clear coat. So is the car car is arctic white with blue pearl mettalic clear coat. And i went with this color because it was suggest to me to try out.. I tried it out and at first im was not sure about it. But as the few day have past it looks better and better. In the sun its crazy, the car is so shiny and have a already diffrent pop to it. And the Mr Chevrolet is a tribute to Dick Harrell and Matt Murphy .
Old 05-25-2015, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Yea sure, I did mine myself and like you said I'm a perfectionist as well, so I took my time. Iit took me and a friend about maybe 2 hours to do but afterwards I was really happy everything. It came out even with the top of the side body line. Everything just fell into place and look pretty good to me but yea it definitely looks like they didn't take their time and they rushed. I would say take it back up to them and tell them they did not apply it correctly and ask them to pay for a new stripe and get it done right. I mean cuz those stripes look good when they're done right but also I think you probably should have gone black with the stripe because it would match all your accents, the blue just kind of looks slightly strange if you know what I mean.

Check out this link, its the guideline I used to install mine https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ll-detail.html

This one was done right. I like it. If they are not put on perfect I agree they look like crap.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

And you can go wrong with hockey sticks if they are not put on perfect. You see them where they slant down going towards the rear of the car and it looks stupid. Luckily the ones put on my car I think were done just right. And I used to not like them but these made me a firm believer.
Attached Thumbnails new sonoco style DH stripes added-dscn0094.jpg   new sonoco style DH stripes added-dscn0005.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you just buy that car? From a guy name Bob ? Has like 54k on it with le2 heads and cam set up?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also an update on the stripes i removed them. I hated them so bad i coukd not take it anymore and i removed them. Im going to try back hockey stripes with ltx for the text. Im going to lay them out myself and install them. Im not spending big bucks to have terrible looking stripes again. And if i mess up im out time and stripes only.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also an update on the stripes i removed them. I hated them so bad i coukd not take it anymore and i removed them. Im going to try back hockey stripes with ltx for the text. Im going to lay them out myself and install them. Im not spending big bucks to have terrible looking stripes again. And if i mess up im out time and stripes only.

I dunno if you saw the link i posted above, but if you haven't checked it out yet, use the information there and conform it to the hockey stripe install. Itll help you get the stripes even and you wont have to worry about messing them up.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you just buy that car? From a guy name Bob ? Has like 54k on it with le2 heads and cam set up?
I did, over a month ago. It currently is sitting at about 32,600 miles. But I have been fixing, replacing and adding to it since I bought it. Ditched the billet grille and blue fog lights, changed wheels and tires, threw away that ugly *** front splitter, added some emblems and replaced the old factory one with a Spohn HD steel driveshaft. The car is a beast and Im currently waiting on the 93-97 Super Car bumper from 6LE. It ought to set that bad bitch off with a Harwood 2.5 inch cowl hood. Other than that she is built to the max. Did I mention I got it for a friggin steal$$$!!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

6Liter bumpers suck, i woukd stick with the stoc bumper way way better fit and finish. And you threw away the 6le front splitter? A lot of people would have paid you for that. But i get it your makng it ykur own and i can respect that for sure. And le2 combos are pretty good for the money, just seems like everyone and there mom buys them. I had a few le set uos in the past and they were ok, then i realizd if yo want to go real fast Afr is where its at. Couple that with huge amount of boost and you have yourself a rocket ship with wheels. Bob took very good care of that car and knowing bob you did get a great deal.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

6Liter bumpers suck, i woukd stick with the stoc bumper way way better fit and finish.
Yo I gotta ask, have you ever had one? Or are you just basing that statement off of what you've seen and heard years ago in the past when they were importing their bumpers from china?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah he's talking about the ones we stopped making. No one's gotten any of the new ones from the new factory yet.

Quick Reply: new sonoco style DH stripes added