Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

2002 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro350man
Did you have yours there? I was looking at most of the 4th gens for ideas.
No, I was there racing my Nova. Took a walk through the show and remembered seeing yours when you posted the photos.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this talk of 19k and 14k mile cars, and I can remeber thinking my 93k '99 was low mile lol. Love the car man
Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice SS, I would leave it other than some nice tint, lower it on some Strano's or BMR's and an SLP grille
Old 11-18-2015, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro350man
Thanks for the comments. I like the SLP SS grill. I think I may look into investing in that this winter. I also planned on lowering the car with hotchkis springs. I'll have to search to see what the whistler mod is, I've never heard of it before. I thought of tinting the windows but I'm not sure I want to do that. During the summer the windows are down and the T tops are off so it wouldn't make too much of a difference.
I'm not really a fan of the tint either, its OK on the rear hatch if done nicely but I don't usually like it on the side glass.

I wouldn't recommend lowering the the rear from it's current height. In all three pictures, all on different terrain, the rear already appears to sit noticeably lower than the front. I suppose it could be sagging stock springs, but my '98 doesn't sit that low in the rear even being four years older and having 2k less miles.

Do you have a bunch of aftermarket audio components in the back, or is there a chance someone has already changed or cut the rear springs in the past? If there is additional weight causing it to sit low with stock springs, I'd be careful with replacement springs that drop height further unless you remove the weight.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm not really a fan of the tint either, its OK on the rear hatch if done nicely but I don't usually like it on the side glass.

I wouldn't recommend lowering the the rear from it's current height. In all three pictures, all on different terrain, the rear already appears to sit noticeably lower than the front. I suppose it could be sagging stock springs, but my '98 doesn't sit that low in the rear even being four years older and having 2k less miles.

Do you have a bunch of aftermarket audio components in the back, or is there a chance someone has already changed or cut the rear springs in the past? If there is additional weight causing it to sit low with stock springs, I'd be careful with replacement springs that drop height further unless you remove the weight.
I thought the same thing regarding the rear sitting low. I don't have anything extra in the car that would weigh it down. The mods I have in the first post are the only things that I have done to the car.

I was thinking that it could be weak stock springs or possibly the aftermarket control arms combined with the relocation brackets. Would those have any affect on the ride height?
Old 11-22-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i'd start by removing the door molding

reminds me of my old car (in my sig)
Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
i'd start by removing the door molding

reminds me of my old car (in my sig)
Do you work for slowhawkperformance?
Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't. He tuned my car
Old 11-26-2015, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Survivors are hard to come by. If it was completely stock then I would say don't touch it but considering it has a few mods done to it already I would add certain touches that I think these cars need..

1) SS/Bowtie Grille
2) Strano/Koni combo
3) ZR1's 9.5/11 (biased)
4) Whistler headlights

Your 10 spokes can be made to look good. I had my spokes painted black with the lips polished on my old '87 LSx swapped IROC. They looked killer. You can add a ton of other suspension mods to make the car handle/look 10x better as well without effecting the look of the car. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro SS