Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interior color combination

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior color combination

i got inspired by 98RaptorTA's interior, and wanted to look into doing something similar myself. I'm pretty familiar working with leather and stitching, so that won't be an issue. Wrapping a car interior will be new, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

Anyway, what I'm stuck on is color, car has an ebony interior, and black paint. When I first bought the car I really liked a black/red combo, so I have a C6 shift **** with red stitching and a boot with red stitching.

What I'm debating on is if I want to go two-tone with the leather, either black/red or black/dark grey. If I go dark grey I think I'll be changing the color of my stitching, unless someone here good with photoshop could take a stab at it and see if it looks good.

Anyway, thoughts?
Old 03-18-2016, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

I vote for black and grey. Red accents often look terrible unless done really well IMO.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

I vote do whatever makes you happy*
Old 03-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Oh I will. I'm mostly just asking because I don't want to do it and have it turn out horrible, so I thought I'd get some other opinions.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At first, I was always a single color guy, hard core. But then I got to seeing some interiors on here and they started to rub off on me. LOL, I was still on the fence when I originally got my interior locally and the interior gal forcibly pushed me to go two-tone. I liked it it a lot, but I still was on the fence if I loved it or not. However, when I switched the interior from vinyl to full leather thats when I loved it.

As for the red...go with what you like and do not be discouraged if others do not agree with you here. As for me, I actually wish I would have did different colored stitching sometimes, while others, being it is a two tone, it might have been too much. I think both combos you have sound awesome, with the gray/dark gray w/red stitching really peaking my interest.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2016, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Black with a darker red*
Old 03-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

i think i'm leaning more towards the black with red stitching. Seen it on a few corvettes with the apsis kits and it just looks great. But I'll play around in photoshop over the next couple days and post up what I come up with.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alfablue
i think i'm leaning more towards the black with red stitching. Seen it on a few corvettes with the apsis kits and it just looks great. But I'll play around in photoshop over the next couple days and post up what I come up with.
I have seen that in a couple of cars and it looks sharp. Took me a while to find what I liked. Just take your time to decide and think it through. LOL, I blew $1400 cuz I jumped in too quickly, and I got something that just was not right. I should have waited to get what I wanted the first time. Good luck!

Quick Reply: interior color combination