Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me decide on racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help me decide on racing seats

Currently I have some cheap Chinese generic racing seats that are very cheap and I expect could fail under some hard cornering and probably guarantee their failure if by some chance I do get into an accident. I have a 6 point roll bar going and intend on installing a 4 or 5 point harness. I use the car for AutoX and HPDE events but also want something that can recline and be comfortable for long drives so no fixed backs. Right now I'm leaning mostly toward the Corbeau Cr1s, but also considering Sparco R100s or Chrono Road Streets. Bride seats look nice but are quite a bit over my budget. The Recaro speed looks good but also very pricy. Anyone have any experience or recommendations?
Old 10-04-2016, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
The Recaro speed looks good but also very pricy. Anyone have any experience or recommendations?
I can't comment on the other seats you mentioned but can on the Recaro. The Recaro speed is and amazing seat. It aces everything but 1 area thats really important. The pass through holes for the shoulder harnesses are too narrow and too high on the seat making the harness pretty uncomfortable. Also for whatever reason you can order a crotch strap hole on almost all the other models, except the Speed. Bummer. Perfect seat if you dont have a rollbar and harness, I couldnt recommend it with though.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT4vert
I can't comment on the other seats you mentioned but can on the Recaro. The Recaro speed is and amazing seat. It aces everything but 1 area thats really important. The pass through holes for the shoulder harnesses are too narrow and too high on the seat making the harness pretty uncomfortable. Also for whatever reason you can order a crotch strap hole on almost all the other models, except the Speed. Bummer. Perfect seat if you dont have a rollbar and harness, I couldnt recommend it with though.
Thanks for the input, I think if I'm going to be dropping that kind of cash on a pair of seats then I don't think I can live with those issues...
Old 10-06-2016, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I have corbeau forzas in my car and really like them. nice and simple and keep me planted in the seat even with just a normal seatbelt. I think they came in under $500 per seat/bracket (I ordered the drivers seat and passenger seat at different times). I wouldn't recommend driving 3+ hours in them, but I think that is true for any fixed back seat anyways. if you go with a corbeau seat, I would recommend the double locking slider option for the seat bracket for peace of mind
Old 10-06-2016, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
I have corbeau forzas in my car and really like them. nice and simple and keep me planted in the seat even with just a normal seatbelt. I think they came in under $500 per seat/bracket (I ordered the drivers seat and passenger seat at different times). I wouldn't recommend driving 3+ hours in them, but I think that is true for any fixed back seat anyways. if you go with a corbeau seat, I would recommend the double locking slider option for the seat bracket for peace of mind
Thanks! I ended up buying the CR1s and did get the double locking sliders, also got the lumbar for the drivers. Hopefully they won't sit to high but I couldn't justify paying them $100 to remove an inch of padding haha. I'll update once I get them.

Last edited by Cpt.Derrek; 10-06-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Cool! look forward to seeing them installed
Old 06-05-2017, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

So any update? I'm looking at Corbeau's and deciding about the padding shave.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

FYI I just installed Corbeau LG1, with their bracket and double sliders. I don't think they sit any higher. I didn't weigh them, but they are heavy. So far I like them quite a lot. I got black microsuede and they hold me nicely, last AutoX I didn't even notice them, I just stayed put. I did make some seat belt guides though, since I don't have a harness.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My cr1's sit considerably lower than the stock camaro seats. Also using the corbeau rails and brackets
Old 06-06-2017, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Corbeau forzas and dual locking slider here.

Made my own harness bar to run a 5 pt

Last edited by smitty2919; 06-06-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Corbeau here, after ditching the Brides, after ditching the generic knockoffs, after selling the factory seats.

Honestly best advice is to put your own *** in a variety of seats if at all possible. Hit up the competitive racing folks here and your local sub-forum. It really is the only way to know where to drop a grand IMO.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn totally forgot about this thread. I actually ended up going with the Corbeau CR1s with the double locking rails and mounts. I'd say they do still sit higher than the stock seats when they were all the way down but not by that much.The quality on the brackets left a lot to be desired especially for the price but they get the job done.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^someone else like me with a missing fuse panel LOL. The damn tab broke on mine and won't stay on so it chills in my garage so I can reference the layout.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smitty2919
^someone else like me with a missing fuse panel LOL. The damn tab broke on mine and won't stay on so it chills in my garage so I can reference the layout.
lol yeah... mine the velco pulled off so it won't stay on. I plan on installing the dash from my 99 bird... but that means pulling the dash lol
Old 03-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cage is that

Beautiful setup.. What cage is that?

Quick Reply: Help me decide on racing seats