Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bodywork from Ground Effects

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 04:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodywork from Ground Effects

So I have a black 2002 Z28, and I'm having the factory Sport Appearance Package removed. I understand I will have "holes" left behind along the bottom of the chassis and on the spoiler/quarterpanels from the 3 piece spoiler. My question is concerning the spoiler. Eventually I just want to throw on a 6LE aggressive spoiler, is it impractical (cost wise) replacing the quarterpanel sections and repainting them? Or filling them in and painting? Are those holes the only things I will have to worry about? (i.e holes in the actual frame). Also, would it be recommended just to go to a Pick-A-Part junkyard somewhere and grabbing panels from there if I can manage to find cheap ones? I'd like to go with a new spoiler but if I have to just leave the 3-piece on for awhile, I will. Also, i would love to see pictures of Camaros without ground effects but with the 3-piece spoiler so I can make up my mind!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelRainLS1
So I have a black 2002 Z28, and I'm having the factory Sport Appearance Package removed. I understand I will have "holes" left behind along the bottom of the chassis and on the spoiler/quarterpanels from the 3 piece spoiler. My question is concerning the spoiler. Eventually I just want to throw on a 6LE aggressive spoiler, is it impractical (cost wise) replacing the quarterpanel sections and repainting them? Or filling them in and painting? Are those holes the only things I will have to worry about? (i.e holes in the actual frame). Also, would it be recommended just to go to a Pick-A-Part junkyard somewhere and grabbing panels from there if I can manage to find cheap ones? I'd like to go with a new spoiler but if I have to just leave the 3-piece on for awhile, I will. Also, i would love to see pictures of Camaros without ground effects but with the 3-piece spoiler so I can make up my mind!
Although I'm not a Camaro owner (Firehawk guy instead), but speaking generically we don't buy and mod these cars to be "practical" but to have fun, and make them our own. I'm not saying go hungy, into debt and bankrupt - but spend the bucks to make it right.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You won't have to get the quarter panels replaced. Many people have removed the factory appearance package and had the holes welded up and repainted by competent body shops. Go by a few shops and get some quotes.

Quick Reply: Bodywork from Ground Effects