Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat install question

How can I install this driver's seat with the 6 prong connector into my car with the 2 prong connector?
Attached Thumbnails Seat install question-seat1.jpg   Seat install question-seat4.jpg   Seat install question-seat3.jpg   Seat install question-seat5.jpg  
Old 11-14-2017, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

the 2 prong plug plugs into the harness in the floor... as for the 6 prong plug, is there a place for it to go? like on the backside of the side switches for the seat?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2 prong plug is for power/ground to the power seat track and/or air pump. The opposite connector found under the drivers seat, cut into the carpet area. The end might be hidden under your carpet.

The 6 prong plug is for the 6-way power switch. The opposite end goes to one of two type of power seat switches, depending if the seat has lumbar or not.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the responses, my plug on the old seat and the the one under my seat are only the 2 prong plugs, a black and orange wire only for the seat plug and for the plug under the seat. The new seat plug won't plug into my current plug that's in the car now, is their any way to make it work? Should I just splice my old 2 wire plug into the new seat wiring?
Old 11-15-2017, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your probably missing the power seat harness. It converts non power seat setup to power seat w/lumbar controls. I found one on ebay, it shows all the connectors your taking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-Trans...dTfA2R&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Seat install question