Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 months and still waiting on my 6LE rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I see their site now (I haven't visited 6LE's site in quite a while). You mean the IROC-Z stuff? If I remember correctly, IROC = International Race Of Champions and GM was licensing the name from that racing body (just like they were licensing Trans Am). Which, to my knowledge is older than any T-ROC from VW (which I've never heard of T-ROC and I keep typing TRON instead) so I don't get how VW could sue anyway.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It sucks that they got stuck in some legal battle over what seems like BS, but it still doesn't excuse a business from taking people's money and not delivering on products when they said they would, and then not being available to contact. I'm all for supporting small businesses, but how much are people supposed to 'accept' as the cost of doing business with a local / smaller guy? It's one thing if they let all the customers know there are going to be delays, but you can't take money, promise a ship date, miss it by weeks, and then ignore the customer.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I am still waiting on the SLP style grille (x2). I don't mind waiting and I know some custom one off stuff can take time but it's the lack of communication that is the deal breaker for most. 4-6 weeks website claim has turned in to 4-6 months. Again a long lead time is fine, but when you can get an email response back from him and the "should ship out later this week or early next week" after months.....that crap gets old. A honest email saying stuff got behind and it will be another 2 months would make me feel much more at ease that "oh yeah next week for sure".
Old 03-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
What I-ROC Products?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TO THE GUYS SAYING BE PATIENT BLAH BLAH. Leave this thread and DON’T respond since you’re NOT helping to resolve the situation WHATSOEVER.

NONE of you would “be patient” if it was YOUR money and YOUR product you’ve been waiting on almost 3 MONTHS NOW.

I’ve called multiple times over the past few weeks and can’t reach anyone.

I’ve emailed their site MULTIPLE times and got 1 response after the first email (I responded and have not received a reply yet):

On Feb 28, 2018, at 12:43 PM, Kyle 6LE <kyle@6ledesigns.com> wrote:Seriously?! Wow.

Can you please confirm the address on your order?

Awaiting a reply from the manufacturer.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually, yes, I was patient when something took an extra couple months. It was irritating, yes, but I did get the item after the manufacturing problem was worked out. So don't go yelling at me in caps that I wouldn't do something that I in fact did do

Old 03-16-2018, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dragon
TO THE GUYS SAYING BE PATIENT BLAH BLAH. Leave this thread and DON’T respond since you’re NOT helping to resolve the situation WHATSOEVER.

NONE of you would “be patient” if it was YOUR money and YOUR product you’ve been waiting on almost 3 MONTHS NOW.

I’ve emailed their site MULTIPLE times and got 1 response after the first email (I responded and have not received a reply yet):

I waited 10 months for my "Super Car" front bumper that cost me $700. Check Yo Self before you Wreck Yo Self. I get that it's frustrating but dude calm down. We're not the ones that make the stuff but we did have to wait and put up with the manufacturing process just like you. Its the nature of small volume production and thats what people are trying to tell you.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

OP man calm down, I did have MY MONEY tied up in TWO SLP Style Grilles (over $600). I just received the first one this week after ordering both of them the first week in October. I agree that he is hard to get in touch with, but I've never heard of him not coming through eventually.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Communication is key. If the seller communicated the issues and they sounded valid (and provided updates), then I don't think the buyer would be as angry.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by VIP1
Communication is key. If the seller communicated the issues and they sounded valid (and provided updates), then I don't think the buyer would be as angry.
I do agree. I think that is the biggest weakness of 6LE is the lack of updates on a long process.

Heck, even just a notice on the order page that says "these are made in batches and will likely take upwards of X weeks" would help, because people would have a better idea of what to expect. Then an email when the batch is in order, built, and then shipped. Wouldn't be hard to implement.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Dragon

Uhhh Yes I would be because the fine print is there. The time the product takes to get made plus when it ships out. Common sense really.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I was wanting to buy a t-top sale panel from them for my camaro couse mine is starting to bubble now I’m scared to buy from 6le now . If there is another company that sells this please someone let me know thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 ss
Wow I was wanting to buy a t-top sale panel from them for my camaro couse mine is starting to bubble now I’m scared to buy from 6le now . If there is another company that sells this please someone let me know thanks
I wouldn't let this thread deter you from ordering anything from them. I have purchased several parts from them without issue. I do agree they need better communication with their customers as to lead/ship times of their products but as said above I've never heard of someone not receiving parts they ordered.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

When we did the 6LE bumper for LT1 cars, I was the first to pay to get it started. He said about 3-4 months to get it made once we had 5 people or whatever it was. We got the people pretty quickly and it took over 1 year to get the bumper.

The way this guy works is he collects all the cash first, then farms out the work to companies around him. He does not build inventory on any of the custom stuff best I can tell.

Odds are you will get what you ordered, it will just take a hell of a lot longer than you thought it would.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

my bumper took 8 months I think, I believe mine is from the second run of them.

it's too bad they cancelled their sponsorship here as it was another way to get in contact with them if needed.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by merim123
When we did the 6LE bumper for LT1 cars, I was the first to pay to get it started. He said about 3-4 months to get it made once we had 5 people or whatever it was. We got the people pretty quickly and it took over 1 year to get the bumper.

The way this guy works is he collects all the cash first, then farms out the work to companies around him. He does not build inventory on any of the custom stuff best I can tell.

Odds are you will get what you ordered, it will just take a hell of a lot longer than you thought it would.
Seems borderline fraudulent / Ponzi scheme-ish. You give me your money, and I'll hold onto it until Bob, Joe, Sid, and Stu give me their money too. Once I have all of your money, I'll pay Doug to manufacture the parts, and then get them shipped out whenever they show up.

Some people are calling it "small business", but really they're just taking your money and using it to make themselves money, without any risk being taken on themselves. It's like if I put up a set of wheels for sale on Craigslist, but I don't actually have the wheels. I just take your money, and a few months later when I find someplace to buy it cheaper than what you gave me, I'll buy them and give them to you. Then I get to make money without putting any of my own cash on the line.

I guess it's OK if the terms and stipulations are made clear up front (which they don't appear to be from all the negative reviews here), but every other business in the world needs to have a product on hand in order to sell it. You have an inventory that costs you money, but you make money because you sell it for more than it cost you. Maybe 'scam' is a bit harsh, but at the very least it seems dishonest. If you're going to wait until there's x-number of buyers to build any, then don't charge people's credit cards until you're ready to make the parts.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Let's just put it this way, I wouldn't buy anything from them anymore. They are not a vendor on here either. I give them credit for trying, but man, the lead time stuff burned people a long way. When I paid him via paypal, it was the weirdest way to pay I've seen.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where Else can I buy a t-top sail panel from ? Besides 6le ?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Could cut a 93-97 one off of a junk car.

That's about the only other option.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow sucks to see this thread.. Things been like that for years now though. At least you guys generally got worthwhile products at the end of the wait.. I waited for the targa top and that was an entire waste of over $500. **** quality, fit and design

Quick Reply: 2 months and still waiting on my 6LE rear diffuser