Sponsored by: DashLynx

Haze after DA polish

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Haze after DA polish

Hello,

I use a Griots garage Boss 21 mm throw DA with the line of best of show Griots products. The paint was in good condition to begin with but I wanted level 10. The entire car looks great with exception of the passenger door which has some holograms/haze that I can't get rid of. I've tried going at it again with a finishing polish but for some reason it won't come out. I was hoping someone had a suggestion?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Any chance you could capture it with a picture
Old 08-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Ahhh it's tough to see.. it's one of those situations that when the light hits it a certain way. 70 percent of the time you can't see it. I seem to only notice it during sunset hours when the sun is very low.

I'll take a picture next time I see it.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What process did you do on the door? Compound and Polish? Or polish only? What pad? Cutting? Polishing? Finishing?

What type of vehicle?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Clean your pads real good, or but new ones. Then cut and polish again.
seems like you might have missed a panel claying or some grit got in your pad or you accidentally used the wrong pad and compound combination. Can't say what exactly happened but starting again from the beginning should fix the problem.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Clean your pads real good, or but new ones. Then cut and polish again.
seems like you might have missed a panel claying or some grit got in your pad or you accidentally used the wrong pad and compound combination. Can't say what exactly happened but starting again from the beginning should fix the problem.

I'm thinking your right.. might have to start fresh

To answer the question above.. it's a black 99 TA. I haven't seen the haze since because I haven't had the correct lighting.
I washed the entire car x2, clayed, washed again, blow dry, then started the compound process.
I used a heavier compound initially with microfiber pads, then followed up with the orange foam cutting pad, with a finer compound, then finished out with a yellow rupes pad with finishing polish, then black foam pad with finishing sealant and I've waxed the car a couple times in the last month and a half.