Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

is it possible to cross reference paint codes to on the shelf vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default is it possible to cross reference paint codes to on the shelf vinyl?

is it possible to cross reference paint codes to on the shelf vinyl?

I'm installing a new door on my TA thanks to a idiot phoning and driving wipes out my driver door in a parking lot as I'm exiting the vehicle. She insisted on calling the cops even though this was like a rearend on her, my door was barley open I was just lifting the leg, she wasn't at fault because it was in a parking lot.

I actually have uninsured motorist on my insurance curious if they would cover this even if the idiot had insurance? I’m thinking this somekindof civil suit type case.

I have a excellent condition door however it's the wrong color. would like to match the OEM color and wrap the outside and inside of door.

so is it possible to cross refenrce paint code 9996 to ViVid vinyl that's already on the shelf or will the vinyl have to be custom made? When they make custom vinyl do they factor in the age of vehical to compensate for fade? or just match exact code as unfadded?

Thanks for any useable advice

sorry if this ? has be asked before I searched didn't find any infor. if you have ordered vinyl to match a OEM code please post a link to what;s available for code 9996

something like this https://vvividshop.com/products/deco...t-film-12-x-84
but bigger than 12"

edit: some vinyls are unglueable so w/ a wrape will theTA emblems still stick?

Last edited by badmfkr; 01-12-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Easiest and fastest is to just get the single door painted to match the fender/quarter. The cost on a single door, especially if it's off the car and disassembled can be amazingly cheap.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes I have a Man to paint the door same man that painted front fender, headlight, shirkt small spot on hood however I talked to him litttle over a year if I remember correctly he wants to blend the door and clear the whole side of body.

my car has basicalley has been sitting rarely driven w/ the door damage ir doe's open closing is getting very hard due to door hanging I lift door 1 1/2" then pull/press in.
currently figuring out how to transfer the door locks and electronics from old door.

kindof like the idea of vinyl
I think I'll order a few sample silvers of vinyl to find match.
BTW I still haven't resolved the radio in the new SUV
Old 01-16-2019, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone know about ordering vinyl to match OEM paint